The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Guest 928

Very nice veneer. Congratulations on having a unique musical instrument coming your way.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:18 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy2 View Post
I can't remember precisely what wood I chose. It is either Cocobola or Ziricote. I also have an X20 inbound with whichever wood is not on the X30. After a few weeks of evaluation I plan to sell one of them.

The bone is unstained.

Cincy
To me, that looks like coco with a nice touch of sap/heartwood which always looks great and yours will be no exception. Enjoy the wait.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:17 PM

Here's what I was really doing with my Emeralds in the local mom-n-pop shop. Cocobolo is on the left and Zircote on the right.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 11-24-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Had some tremendous X30 Fan Fret feedback today. No, not speaker feedback but an unexpected critique response. Had my X30 Fan Fret (the Emerald Ruby Cross) in my local small high end guitar shop that carries the full lineup of Martin's, Gibson's, Taylor's and Breedlove's. One of the guy's that works there wanted to see it. None of the guy's there had ever heard of Emerald Guitars. The normally seriously straight faced owner was busy working on a customer's guitar with his back to us. I told the worker that the X30 was tuned to DADGAD and it's best to play it like you stole it. When he started playing the X30, the shop owner darn near dropped what he had in his hands, whipped around and proclaimed "what the heck is that? That is a way different sound, I like it!" The player loved getting a facefull of DADGAD goodness and said if he didn't know better he would have guessed it was a high end baritone. Those 2 reactions speaks volumes about the tonal quality of a fan fret X30. I've never seen either one of these guys have such a strong guttural involuntary reaction. Of course I was grinning from ear to ear.
That's certainly good to hear but I'm really not surprised. One strum on the X30 can turn some heads real quick.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Great Account! Most folks are surprised the first time they hear a carbon guitar as to how good it sounds and the Emerald X-30 is carbon tone by the truckload!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 11-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Great Account! Most folks are surprised the first time they hear a carbon guitar as to how good it sounds and the Emerald X-30 is carbon tone by the truckload!
I beg to differ. It's not carbon tone, it's Emerald tone.

They are just darn good guitars. I don't care what they are made of.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber