The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-15-2020, 03:16 AM
Charter Member

My experience lately is that fedex always takes longer or is delayed but the boxes show up pristine. Ups is always faster but the boxes are a little beat up.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:23 AM
Charter Member

I have had good luck with both Fedex and UPS. Never have I run into an issue, with either.

That said, times are certainly different right now and I anticipate more delivery issues, lost packages, etc., for the foreseeable future. The shipping infrastructure is taking a beating with the pandemic and so many online orders from all directions.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:19 AM
Charter Member

I've mostly used Fed Ex with no issues to date. However, as others have stated "the times are a changing ". Hard to imagine what life would be like without either FedEx or UPS right now.

One thing I always do is taking several pictures of the guitar in various stages of being packed. I send them to the buyer along with the tracking info. This serves several purposes:

1) It ensures that I won't miss protecting something in the process and package it properly
2) The buyer gets a sense of relief that their guitar was packed well
3) In the event of damage, the buyer and shipping company cannot claim improper or no packaging

Sure it takes a few more minutes, but it's worth it to me.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
It’s getting replaced with another Bourgeois!
That's good news! Let us know when the NGD happens!
Old 08-15-2020, 11:32 PM

I've only shipped using USPS and haven't had any issues. Timely delivery too, even one in June.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:25 AM
Charter Member

I recently sold my Huss & Dalton T-00 14 and was relieved that I could show it in person, albeit 300 miles away, and did not have to ship it.

On the other hand, my new H & D Was shipped UPS from Buffalo, NY to Cadillac, MI and arrived on time unscathed. The UPS driver said he thought it was a guitar, even though the box had no printing on it, and babied it the entire day while it was on his truck.

Collings ~ Taylor ~ Martin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion