The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2020, 11:42 AM

Default GODIN ACOUSTICS. . .

What's your take on them? Of course, I'm talking about the latest from them (Metropolis, Rialto, Fairmount).
-2020 Gibson Les Paul Special
-2019 Gibson Les Paul Studio
-2021 Fender Aerodyne Special Telecaster
-2022 Fender Telecaster 50s (Vintera)
-1994 Fender Telecaster Deluxe 70 (Vintera)
-Sire V5 5-string
Old 02-10-2020, 02:24 PM

I’m not a huge fan of the design aesthetics on the Godins, especially the tortoise headstock overlay.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 02-10-2020, 02:36 PM

Finding anything other then Seagull in the NE US is very hard. Even Seagull is harder to find these days..
Old 02-10-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERZEY View Post
Finding anything other then Seagull in the NE US is very hard. Even Seagull is harder to find these days..
I've been noticing this as well. GuitarCenter isnt stocking them in significant numbers any longer. That was the primary opportunity for me to buy locally.

I like the look of the Godin acoustics but for that money I'm trying before I buy.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:23 PM

I have the Artist series model. It is amazing. Solid wood, its their high end.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:38 PM

I have the Godin Metropolis Natural Cedar dreadnought and I love it. It has a deep low end with nice sparkly highs. It's quite unique for a cedar top guitar. It responds nicely to a light touch for fingerpicking and you can wail on it with a pick and it doesn't break up at all. Of my 5 acoustics it's the cheapest one I have but probably my favorite tonally, at least its the one I grab the most for singing with as it complements my voice the best. Hard to say though I love all my guitars. I did a demo of it when I first got it and here's the link:

https://youtu.be/Drke1qbaz6c

I have since removed the Anthem system and replaced it with a Schatten HFN, changed the saddle to bone and removed the pickguard. None of that was necessary though that's just the crazy mod man in me. Of course it comes with a tric case which is my favorite for taking a guitar out into the wild.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:25 PM

I have the Godin Metropolis as well and she sounds exactly like GuitarLuva descibed. Best value for the money and she sounds as good as my Custom Martin D41. I love the build quality, Cedar top and hog back and sides all solid of course. If you like bass, this thing delivers.
Its true you dont see many around but I got mine a week after they were announced.

Try it you;ll like it!

Dan
Old 02-11-2020, 12:41 AM

The Seagull S6 is the best value for the money I've ever played. Seriously. I've owned a lot of high-end guitars, still do, and the S6 is just amazing.

$419. I don't even know how you beat that. And yes, I bought it. Even though sometimes I can feel like a guitar snob, that guitar just sings and I play it the most right now.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:49 AM

Their products are incredible value. If you don’t mind the typical low bling approach they have, and the fact that they don’t have huge name recognition like Martin and the like, then you will get yourself a tremendous instrument.
2019 PRS Silver Sky

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion