The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-24-2002, 05:53 AM

Default Software Metronome?

Anyone aware of a software metronome? One that is preferably free-ware or share-ware and downloadable?

Just need a controllable but constant 'tick' to help me with some practice sessions.

Thanks....
Rick
Old 02-24-2002, 06:29 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Here is one I found just doing a quick search of Metronome Freeware.

http://www.gingerbull.co.uk/metronome/metronome.htm

I did not download it so I can not review it.
I'm sure there are many many more out there.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:28 AM

Rick, I tried a couple of those free/shareware metronomes, and I came to the conclusion that you're better off with a real one. The one I have is a very basic one (clicks, flashing LED, emits an A 440 buzz so you could tune your guitar with it), it cost me $40 CDN ($25 USD), and it does the trick. The problem I found with the softwares is that you need to have a computer near, which usually means that you're either unconfortably set-up to play, or you have to get up to operate the metronome.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:36 AM

I too tried a couple of the Freeware/Shareware metro's and came to the conclusion that my computer wasn't always in the spot where I practice. I'm something of a nomad. I may be in my bedroom one time, outside the next and then in the garage later. I also wanted to some other features as well for tempo control. After doing some exhaustive research, I decided that I wanted the BOSS DB-66 . At GC, this thing sold for something like $140! I found it on the internet for $99. I printed out the URL and took it to GC and they honored the price (reluctently).

That's my choice. You may want to go to your guitar store and see the features on various electronic models. You can pay from $20-$200 from what I can see.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell