The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-28-2015, 05:08 PM

I believe the Oregon Myrtlewood series are some of the most stunning guitars alive! The tones I can coax from it are...well extreme, deeply complex and vibrant! I so much love the muted midrange bark I can achieve with my Oregon Concert.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 PM

I don't have a pic but I have a C25/Sse that I absolutely love.

But I made a huge mistake and played a Myrtlewood Concert Voice recently. Cannot get that guitar off my gassing mind!!!!! **** you Breedlove!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodeuno View Post
I believe the Oregon Myrtlewood series are some of the most stunning guitars alive! The tones I can coax from it are...well extreme, deeply complex and vibrant! I so much love the muted midrange bark I can achieve with my Oregon Concert.
Word.

My limited edition C20-SMYR as has mids that are as complex as something like a Santa Cruz OM. It seems a bit quieter and needs to be hit harder for the same amount of volume, but that could be perception.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:45 PM

Tell me in first grade language how to post photos on the forum and I will give it my best. I have a stunner of a Breedlove that will shock some of you.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Michaels View Post
Tell me in first grade language how to post photos on the forum and I will give it my best. I have a stunner of a Breedlove that will shock some of you.
It is kind of a two-step process. First, you want to upload the photo someplace it is publicly available -- I tend to use Photobucket.

They you grab the URL of that image, click the little picture of the mountain above and stick the URL into the dialog window. Save that and you should be on your way!
Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodeuno View Post
My OM/SM American is quite the same, I can hit it hard or soft and no distortion. I can play finger-style both firm and soft and it gives me a different voice, and flat-picking anyway you like, it does it all. Amazing little guitar, the neck is very low profile and the 1 3/4" nut make a good combination for my short stubby hands. A players dream guitar, I'm sure your Oregon sounds beautiful, I would like to play one someday when I get a chance.
2014 Martin GPCPA4-Natural Stamped "Made in USA"
Fishman Loudbox Artist Amp. 120 Watts
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordans0nly View Post
Starting to love the look of the headstock, but man, those bridges are ugly.

I don't understand Breedloves, even though I do own one. I am stunned that the company has been as successful as it has, because I think their designs are affected and butt-ugly. I have a Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe and it's amazingly good. I keep it because the strings are a mile apart -- I believe 2-5/16 at the saddle which I just love. But why they stopped making the traditional models is beyond me. Adding to the mystery, their customer support is downright unpleasant -- had a warranty issue once and it was like pulling teeth compared to, say, Martin where you're absolutely welcomed as one of the family.

And don't get me started with their mandolins.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLiver View Post
I don't understand Breedloves, even though I do own one. I am stunned that the company has been as successful as it has, because I think their designs are affected and butt-ugly. I have a Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe and it's amazingly good. I keep it because the strings are a mile apart -- I believe 2-5/16 at the saddle which I just love. But why they stopped making the traditional models is beyond me. Adding to the mystery, their customer support is downright unpleasant -- had a warranty issue once and it was like pulling teeth compared to, say, Martin where you're absolutely welcomed as one of the family.

I think their designs are cool. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Just remember when the Eiffel Tower was first built it was called a monstrosity.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLiver View Post

Just the opposite with me, their customer service is top notch and very pleasant to talk with. The only issue I have is there are no outside repair and warranty centers to take your instrument to be assessed. They are currently seeking outside techs. Great builder and kind people to deal with.
2014 Martin GPCPA4-Natural Stamped "Made in USA"
Fishman Loudbox Artist Amp. 120 Watts
Old 03-31-2015, 11:31 AM

I currently got this one up for sell here in the classifieds (sorry, shameless plug ) but this thread has got me wondering if that's a mistake...

Old 04-01-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwakefield06 View Post
I currently got this one up for sell here in the classifieds (sorry, shameless plug ) but this thread has got me wondering if that's a mistake...

Noyce!

What model is this? Tell us more!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST View Post
Word.

My limited edition C20-SMYR as has mids that are as complex as something like a Santa Cruz OM. It seems a bit quieter and needs to be hit harder for the same amount of volume, but that could be perception.
Yes if your OM is rosewood/spruce I agree....My Andrew White F (rosewood/BC spruce) is a bit louder played softly....but my Oregon takes the cake for volume when played forcefully. This concert cuts through and flatpicks immensely powerful believe it or not. It is a wonderful all around guitar, fingerstyle, picked or strummed. "Perfect" craftsmanship too! It doesn't seem to break apart sonically like my other guitars when played real hard percussively. A very unique wood Myrtle and beautiful! Apparently I read it takes 80-100 years to get to guitar size. It does really seem like a cross tone between mahogany, rosewood and maple. Seems to have a tight bass and a glassy sparkle on top. I cannot find a non-resonant note anywhere. Records well too. (I'm starting to sound like a commercial) Anyway bottom line is for me seems to be something special here....and what a deal! I really like the satin b&s too, doesn't show scratches....wish they had polished the headstock though.

How about it any other Oregon owners out there?

BTW...unlike others I have always loved & admired Breedlove's somewhat spacey designs on top of expert caring craftsmanship and unique tone. They will also build you any style guitar you may desire. Want a traditional pinned bridge dreadnaught....? Just ask, they will build it.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwakefield06 View Post

This is exactly what I want.

YouTube Channel - Guitars, Gear, Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_w..._k-vCqoY7yPm1Q
Old 08-17-2015, 06:08 PM

It's not mine, but I came across this Breedlove beauty at the local guitar shop today. It's a Oregon Concert LTD. Myrtlewood back, sides and top. I was called in to take a few pictures to add it to the shop's website and I just couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures here. This one is going to make someone very happy as it sounds wonderful. Thought followers of this thread might enjoy a peek.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:48 PM

Here is my Breedlove Northwest Classic C25 with Myrtle b/s and Sitka Spruce top. It has a very balanced sound with good projection. She is also very easy to play with a super smooth neck. Please excuse the lousy pictures. I should take some more outside in some proper light.

1992 Paulino Bernabe M-50
2005 Breedlove C-25 Northwest Classic
1968 Taurus model 56
2005 Dan Lankford 8 Course Renaissance Lute
old German Lute Guitar
1982 Yamaha G231 II

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove