The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 AM

Default need 12 string acoustic bridge

Howdy everyone, In my quest for learning the art of being a luthier, I picked up an old Ventura 12 string acoustic, great condition other than a cracked bridge, so I want to try my hand at my first bridge replacement

I looked at Ste Mac and LLMI but they dont offer any 12 string pre made bridges, seen a couple on ebay, but would rather deal with someone from the forum if possible, or a compant that you have used.

Would love to find a moustache 12 string bridge, but that might be imposible. Not worried about matching the foot print of the old bridge, I,m going to refinish the top and try my hand at sunburst also.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice
Bill
Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Try Martins Parts shop. Call them. Those ladies will do all they can to make you right.
https://www.martinguitar.com/1833/ca...%20%26%20Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 AM

I know a UK based supplier probably won't be of much use to you, but I found this in the catalogue of Touchstone tonewoods : http://www.touchstonetonewoods.co.uk/ttwp36.html
(Touchstone are the luthier supply arm of one of the UK's MI distributors, 'Stentor Music'.) it might be worth contacting them to see if they'll ship to TX, or even if they can tell you where they source it from? or failing that there's bound to be a UK based shop that could order it for you and send it on.

Hand Made Walnut 000 | Hand Made Maple OOO 12 | '94 915-M | '96 810 | '98 W65 | '00 314-K |
Yairi DY-58 (9 String) | Sobell Cittern | Moon 'Bazar' (Guitar-Bouzouki) | Freshwater Octave Mandolin | Breedlove Fretless Acoustic Bass | Recording King Squareneck Tricone Reso | Ozark Tenor Banjo | Ozark Tenor Guitar | EKO Ranger XII | Fender Strat | 'Vintage' "The Fool" SG | + some others

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair