The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-15-2020, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
How about having Emerald instruments in select stores in the U.S.?
That was done before Emerald changed their business model and went to selling direct to the customer. Personally, I prefer to deal with the people making my guitar... 3 Emeralds now (all purchased direct), and each one a good experience.

I have no issue showing my guitar to someone, but I don't think I'd care to be "on a list"... with folks here on this sub-forum, there is a certain amount of "pre-screening" you can do.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
That was done before Emerald changed their business model and went to selling direct to the customer. Personally, I prefer to deal with the people making my guitar... 3 Emeralds now (all purchased direct), and each one a good experience.
Two for me, and likewise.
Quote:
I have no issue showing my guitar to someone, but I don't think I'd care to be "on a list"... with folks here on this sub-forum, there is a certain amount of "pre-screening" you can do.
True. I went to the home of both the guys I met.

But, I'll be honest - even though they're both forum members, I looked up the addresses on Google Maps to see exactly where I was going, and in the one case where I had a full name to go on, I checked him out on LinkedIn as well.

So there are other precautions one can take, but participation in such a program must, of course, require consent from both parties.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-15-2020, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
...So there are other precautions one can take, but participation in such a program must, of course, require consent from both parties.
That goes without saying...
Old 01-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Apparently, I have a gift for stating the obvious
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-15-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
RP
i think your on to something. I will be keen to hear others thoughts. Would you be willing to have strangers come to your home? What if Kramster showed up? Things to ponder for sure.
Kramster
NAMM wouldnt be NAMM without Kramster. I think its your turn to buy breakfast!
Wait...what?? I'm right here..sigh... yes my turn to purchase said edibles.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-15-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
And yet it was said...Ib guess I didn't have to say/type that...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-16-2020, 06:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
And yet it was said...Ib guess I didn't have to say/type that...
My thinking was that it would benefit both Emerald and the customer if the company initiated a program that is similar to what I understand you've already been doing except on a much larger scale. Based on past computer classes I've completed, it would seem very doable from a technology standpoint. Clearly participation between Emerald owners and PCs would be voluntary and by mutual consent just as I'm sure your arrangements are when you open your home to someone who wants to try out a carbon fiber guitar...
Old 01-16-2020, 08:26 AM

The comments here are why i have dedicated the past 22 years of my life to guitar making. The customers are absolutely the best. How many other industries can boast a customer base so willing to share their chosen product with others.
I wish Ferrari had a list of owners that would let me take their car out for a drive.
Your suggestions are very helpful and i will have a serious conversation with the team when i get back from California.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:21 AM

Default Feedback route

Alistair,

Do you have a formal feedback route? Would it be best to email you or your staff?

I hope you are having a great new year. Enjoy Southern CA and I hope to see you again soon.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 01-23-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
Alistair,

Do you have a formal feedback route? Would it be best to email you or your staff?

I hope you are having a great new year. Enjoy Southern CA and I hope to see you again soon.

Hi MOT,

There are a few of us with our ears to the ground within this forum all the time! If you have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to contact any of us via email. We are always super keen to hear suggestions and feedback on any aspect of our business.

Thanks!
Simon
Old 01-23-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@Emerald View Post
Hi MOT,

There are a few of us with our ears to the ground within this forum all the time! If you have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to contact any of us via email. We are always super keen to hear suggestions and feedback on any aspect of our business.

Thanks!
Simon
Thanks Simon,

I have a few mostly nit-noid comments and observations I will pass along eventually. I'll likely send my thoughts directly to Chloe or Alistair once I have them better ordered unless you direct me to a different path. The overarching goal is to help you so you can make your work the best it can be since these guitars will likely be around a while.

Hope you are having a wonderful new year.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Guest 928

I've enjoyed the directness of dealing with Emerald. That said, what I think might be valuable would be an Emerald service center in the U.S. Emerald is not perfect and there are cases where a guitar has to be sent back for diagnostics or repair--and transatlantic shipments are not cheap.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:04 PM

Happy New Year to Emerald and all other AGF members. I apologize I haven't been very active on the forum for the last couple of months. I also think it's great when people share their stories on how a certain member came by to try out their Emerald or any other guitar for that matter. My only advice or warning is "NO FAMILY MEMBERS". The last time I had an uncle stop by (as most of you already know) I was out a beautiful X30!
Old 01-23-2020, 04:10 PM
Guest 928

GuitarLuva;

Good to hear from you. Nice advice.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I...and transatlantic shipments are not cheap.

Nor the transpacific with stops in AZ

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber