The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-20-2001, 01:28 AM
Charter Member

Post DOD acous-tech pre-amp/effects box

Just wondering if anyone had tried this thing and what they thought of it. I have a 2001 410-CE and a Marshall AS80R amp, and im just looking for something to mess around with. Does this work better with a PA or is it fine with the amp, or does it work at all even? It seems to be the only effects box out there designed for acoustic amplification (at least of mainstream items that one could find at GC or MARS) thanks alot!

Ryan

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 08-20-2001, 04:39 PM

There are also acoustic stomp boxes made by Zoom and Boss. The Zoom is similar in functionality to the DOD. It uses digital effects to do a variety of things. I didn't really like it, I thought it was a pain to change the settings (I prefer knobs). Kind of noisy, and plastic, too. Most of the effects are kind of gimmicky - acoustic guitar generally doesn't use much effects anyways.

I returned the Zoom and bought a Boss Chorus pedal instead. Nice rich chorus sound.

Ken
Old 09-08-2001, 11:30 PM

I recently purchased an AD-5 Boss processor tha I really like. It has only two effects (chorus and reverb) But it has a lot of features like separate inputs for a Piezo or magnetic pickups. Or you can run both. I did have the Acoustec processor, but I found that it had way too many effects for acoustic guitars. It also didn't give me the natural sound I was looking for with a minimal amount of effort. Too much work trying to "dial" in just the right sound. The purpose of the AD-5 is to help acoustic instruments sound as natural as possible, and get rid of that "twangy" electric sound.It also has a four band EQ, as well as good feedback control.Check it out, you'll probably like it as much as I do!

member # 692
Taylor 414CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification