The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-26-2024, 08:58 AM

Default Heit redo

I haven’t been into music or guitars too long,mostly by chance.Im a woodworker,I ve built furniture,gunstocks,hand builtmuzzleloaders and Cigarbox guitars recently.
I saw this guitar that was made into a painting to hang on a wall( I wouldn’t!)
I decided to remake it into a guitar,I have found pictures of other Heit guitars and found most are Japanese made (Teisco),some people like them but they are almost rare and mostly not high dollar ,though I’ve heard some go for good money.This is just my picture of them from my small amount of info and smaller experience.To me it looks like a guitar made better than some but not a Gibson or Fender.If anyone can tell me anything about them please shoot!
I felt it deserved a better fate than an “American Primative” painting in a consignment shop for $20,So I’m redoing it ,the paint is now gone it’s original laquer clear coat actually shines beautifully albeit has some checking,normal for its age( and this is a big question for anyone here?)I’ll make a new bridge or buy one ,the old bridge was not good and is beat too but the rest is a perfectly solid guitar with some bumps but solid.

Last edited by shootrj2003; 02-26-2024 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 02-26-2024, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootrj2003 View Post
I haven’t been into music or guitars too long,mostly by chance.Im a woodworker,I ve built furniture,gunstocks,hand builtmuzzleloaders and Cigarbox guitars recently.
I saw this guitar that was made into a painting to hang on a wall( I wouldn’t!)
I decided to remake it into a guitar...
This, at the bottom of the post: Last edited by shootrj2003; Today at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add pics

Just wondering. Where are the pics?

Addendum: I'd like to see pics of the hand-built muzzleloaders.

Last edited by Inyo; 02-26-2024 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:04 PM

Default Pics

Yeah well,
I’m having a bit of a time there,for one thing I don’t know how to find a pictures URL off my photos collection,or figuring out how to use tap a talk to share ,most sites I hang on connect you directly to your photos when you click on the picture icon above the message until I figure this out.sorry.but all the Heits I’ve seen have split headstocks this, is solid the bridge was beat up and missing the pegs I’ll fix that soon with a new one otherwise it’s solid,full size with HIET on a screwed on tag on the headstock but no other tags or labels it’s finishe in laquer with mohogany bottom and sides and spruce top large square inletted fret markers n maybe a Wenge fingerboard and a zero fret will send pics soon.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:22 PM

Old 02-28-2024, 03:24 PM

http://http://https//share.icloud.co...fA1TzyF3fCzfUg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion