The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-29-2020, 08:22 PM

Default Any thoughts on the Cordoba Mini II MH?

I was looking for a small nylon travel guitar and just found out about the Cordoba Mini II series. Has anyone tried the MH (mahogany) model? How does it compare with FMH (flamed mahogany) and EB-CE (Spruce-Ebony?)?
Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 AM

I know it is an old thread, but ...

I am re-entering the world of acoustic guitar after a very long absence.

I picked up this very affordable little acoustic, and I love it very much.
I think the build quality is excellent for the price, and I love the strings it came with.

+
Old 01-17-2022, 12:32 PM

I have owned all of the II models. IMO they are pretty terrible. The neck is waaaay to chunky. They despite the longer scale sound like a cheap toy. Not really an upgrade over the original. Probably why they dont sell very well.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:55 PM

I had a Cordoba Mini for a short time (spruce/rosewood). I disliked the wide 2" nut width and it seemed cheap without good sustain. The intonation was fine, but I was not impressed overall. A couple years ago, I got the Pono MB-6, solid mahogany guilele and am much happier. I put on a set of fluorocarbon strings and its, tone, volume, and sustain is great. Plus, it has a 1 3/4" nut width like my acoustics. It's a keeper and it makes a cool little travel guitar. It has a 20" scale length and I use it in g-G tuning. More money, but you get what you pay for, IMHO.

FrankR, for the price, yes, it might be OK, especially if you can deal with the nut width. It's quite a bit less than the Pono. Price has to be a factor to consider.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Last edited by ifret; 01-17-2022 at 01:00 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical