The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-17-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
First, the trade we made to get Lindholm and Hanifin has vaulted our team to where we are. But Micheal Ferland was my favourite Flame. I've followed his career since he played w/Brandon, in the WHL. You have a great coach, and your team is fast - very fast. They'll be a tough draw, if your goaltending holds up. I don't like the celebrations at the end of games - I'm old school. But it's a small market team with new ownership, new GM... Trying to fill seats.
Yea, gotta fill the seats. Hoping that Columbus and Carolina make the wild card and Montreal is left out.

Well, what happened to the Pens last night? 5-1? At least the Bruins won in OT so that means Columbus got a point too.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:03 PM

The run to the playoffs is on! Not much interesting in the Atlantic Division though. Tampa Bay has had the conference wrapped up a couple of months ago and Boston/Toronto have had 2nd and 3rd for that time too.

Think Montreal will make it in? They've put in a nice push.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:05 PM

Default Boston

Go Bruins!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Go Bruins!
I hear ya, AE. They're playing Tampa Bay tonight. That should be a good matchup to prep for the playoffs.

How about the Bruins signing Chara to a 1 year extension. What a great way to sign - year by year at that age.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:27 PM

Dru, the Canucks finally have defenceman Quinn Hughes in the lineup. If you get a chance check him out in the highlight reels. He's small at 5'10 and only 19 but dynamic.
Ìn his first game with the Canucks a couple of nights ago he sold a lot of tickets and was an instant favourite with his playing style. His brother Jack Hughes was predicted to go first in this years draft a while ago. Talented family.

Canucks will miss the playoffs again but the first Sedinless year seems hope on the Horizon. Names like Boesser, Horvat, Petterson and soon Quin Hughes are being talked about outside Vancouver. Hopefully the youngsters can make a charge in a couple of years.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:44 PM

Talking

And the Sabers continue to fall....woeful Detroit might catch 'em
Old 03-30-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside_Guitar View Post
Dru, the Canucks finally have defenceman Quinn Hughes in the lineup. If you get a chance check him out in the highlight reels. He's small at 5'10 and only 19 but dynamic.
Ìn his first game with the Canucks a couple of nights ago he sold a lot of tickets and was an instant favourite with his playing style. His brother Jack Hughes was predicted to go first in this years draft a while ago. Talented family.

Canucks will miss the playoffs again but the first Sedinless year seems hope on the Horizon. Names like Boesser, Horvat, Petterson and soon Quin Hughes are being talked about outside Vancouver. Hopefully the youngsters can make a charge in a couple of years.
Thanks for the heads up. I always enjoy seeing the smaller guys get a chance. Just looked him up; 5'10" and 170lbs. I'm surprised he's on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
And the Sabers continue to fall....woeful Detroit might catch 'em
Do you remember after the first 18 or 20 games the Sabres had the best record in the entire NHL? They were the biggest surprise of the season ... and then the losses started.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I always enjoy seeing the smaller guys get a chance. Just looked him up; 5'10" and 170lbs. I'm surprised he's on defense.

Do you remember after the first 18 or 20 games the Sabres had the best record in the entire NHL? They were the biggest surprise of the season ... and then the losses started.
I think the Sabres have some young guys in the room that need a coach to bring them back to Earth. Perhaps that's Housley. We shall see. But they are still very young.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 03-30-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
I think the Sabres have some young guys in the room that need a coach to bring them back to Earth. Perhaps that's Housley. We shall see. But they are still very young.
I remember Eichel saying how tired he was of losing last year. Add another season to that. He's a great, young player.

What's the latest news from the Flames?
Old 04-06-2019, 08:58 AM

NHL season ends tonight. Wow, Columbus got into the playoffs last night and pushed Montreal out.

Guessing that a lot of stars on playoff bound teams won't be playing tonight, including Crosby.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
NHL season ends tonight. Wow, Columbus got into the playoffs last night and pushed Montreal out.

Guessing that a lot of stars on playoff bound teams won't be playing tonight, including Crosby.
I wouldn't bet on that; Sullivan just reactivated Malkin and Letang the other night and they need to get back up to speed. Besides, starting off against the Islanders in the playoffs will be more desirable than facing off against the Caps, especially with the way the Pens sort of limped into the playoffs.

PS: my wife has been planning on us meeting friends for dinner downtown. I would looooove it to be near PPG Arena! It's not too late to get tickets in the nosebleed section off the ticket auction sites!
Old 04-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I wouldn't bet on that; Sullivan just reactivated Malkin and Letang the other night and they need to get back up to speed. Besides, starting off against the Islanders in the playoffs will be more desirable than facing off against the Caps, especially with the way the Pens sort of limped into the playoffs.

PS: my wife has been planning on us meeting friends for dinner downtown. I would looooove it to be near PPG Arena! It's not too late to get tickets in the nosebleed section off the ticket auction sites!
You could end up at the game!

How about the Lightning getting their 62nd win today against the Bruins to tie the all time most wins record (Detroit 1995/96). The Lightning won 6 games in shoot outs this year whereas there were no shoot outs when Detroit did it (there were ties back then). Boston rested a bunch of starters including Marchand and Bergeron.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:06 PM

Nope. $76 was too expensive for everybody. -_-
Old 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Nope. $76 was too expensive for everybody. -_-
Crosby got his 100th point! So happy for him.

Are you happy with the first round matchup? Pens at Islanders starting on Wed.

Bruins/Maple Leafs series was won by Boston in 7 games last year. Toronto has a much better team this year with Tavares.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Exclamation

Jeez....what's up with the Canadian teams missing out?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic