The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-11-2019, 04:23 PM

Default NFL Antonio Brown trade

Anyone following this? Antonio Brown traded from the Steelers to the Raiders. He made out great. I wonder if he'll be a distraction in the locker room after a couple of months if things don't go his way?
Old 03-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Charter Member

As a Raider fan I was hoping we'd stay away because of all the drama. Not sure why we need a guy like that in the locker room. You could say a third and a fifth was a great trade, but that's assuming he comes in and plays hard for a few years with no drama.

I give that about a 1% chance of happening.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:54 PM

Seems to me the Steelers did just fine without his troublesome rear end.
Ju Ju Smith-Schuster is a stud and he fits the Steeler mold perfectly, at least until he qualifies as a free agent.
Same with Le'veon Bell's replacement James Conner.
As a Browns fan, it never ceases to amaze me at how the Steelers always seem to find these talented players in the lower rounds.
Oakland football has always been a zoo. I believe Coach Chucky revels in it.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
As a Raider fan I was hoping we'd stay away because of all the drama. Not sure why we need a guy like that in the locker room. You could say a third and a fifth was a great trade, but that's assuming he comes in and plays hard for a few years with no drama.

I give that about a 1% chance of happening.
Yea, I'm seeing drama at some point.

Just read that the Raiders just signed Patriots Tackle Trent Brown for a record 4 year, $66M contract. Looks like the Raiders are big spenders this off season.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, I'm seeing drama at some point.

Just read that the Raiders just signed Patriots Tackle Trent Brown for a record 4 year, $66M contract. Looks like the Raiders are big spenders this off season.
Yeah, Chucky gets rid of Amari Cooper who causes no issues, doesn't want to pay him. Then he goes to Dallas and shines. Then they pay AB preposterous money. Makes perfect sense to me.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 03-11-2019, 06:39 PM

As a Steelers fan I say “good riddance.” His antics were amusing at first but I think that hit by Burfict last year cracked the shell off the nut. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had CTE or was addicted to painkillers. He’s become a real space cadet.

I could understand if he’d want to be released because he’s being underutilized but that’s just not the case. He’s been double covered and running the wrong routes because he doesn’t show up for practices. His methods for referring blame are really out there. One wonders why he couldn’t just be released under breach of contract. To go on social media and act like a child and mock his teammates and the team ownership for anyone else would have been professional suicide but we all know he’s talented so naturally the Steelers are trying to make the best of it from a business perspective.

Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the mothers of his 5 children didn’t press charges and hit him where it hurts: in the wallet. That would explain why he’s looking for a new deal and doing greetings for hire on Instagram.

Speaking of which, last I heard he was still under investigation for domestic violence, an incident where he threw furniture off a balcony and into a crowd and he also recently failed to appear at a court hearing after he was cited for going over 100mph in a 40mph zone in his $300k sports car. It’s not outside the realm of possibility for him to be suspended or imprisoned.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Talking

Just Win Baby! Silver and Black has a new receiver but no stadium. If i was Mr. Brown I'd stay low until Marshawn has a word or two with him. No one says anything that gets Mr. Lynch upset....or else
Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM

i live in pittsburgh but a new england fan- whew, at least brown didnt end up there!- i wish oakland luck with the -whatever you want to call him, but truthfully, a great receiver works for and with the team- that something brown doesnt do over time
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 03-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Yeah, Chucky gets rid of Amari Cooper who causes no issues, doesn't want to pay him. Then he goes to Dallas and shines. Then they pay AB preposterous money. Makes perfect sense to me.
You're quite right. The funny thing is that Amari dropped the ball constantly when he was in Oakland, it was a huge limiter for him and the offense. Very inconsistent as well in terms of production.

Makes you wonder why Dallas was able to get the promise out of him Oakland never could.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
You're quite right. The funny thing is that Amari dropped the ball constantly when he was in Oakland, it was a huge limiter for him and the offense. Very inconsistent as well in terms of production.

Makes you wonder why Dallas was able to get the promise out of him Oakland never could.
Sometimes it's just a mental thing or...a coach who doesn't fit the player and vice versa. That can be a real big issue.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Squier CV 50 Telecaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic