The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-23-2019, 04:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post

Thanks for taking this journey with me. Sparky had intended to take some studio shots but he has been busy with repair work and, of course, building the next guitars on his build list. He's a one-man shop so I really appreciated him taking the time to share the building process with me.

Best,
Jayne
I can see why you're smiling Jayne. It looks fantastic! Congratulations, and may you have many happy hours of playing it.

Col
Old 07-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Always such a cool experience to pick up a new build in person!

I had the chance to meet Sparky and play a few of his guitars in Grass Valley in June. All the ones I played were all very nice instruments.

Love the lines of this one and it sounds lovely--congrats!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 AM

Congrats Jayne. I have not posted in this thread for some time now, my apologies. The guitar looks amazing as did your drive to pick it up. I met Sparky at Woodstock one year towards the end of the show and at that point I was just in overwhelmed mode and regret that I did not spend more time with his guitars. Super nice guy.

The sound clips are wonderful especially on just an iphone. I have never heard itsy bitsy spider played so well and sound so great!!!!
Old 07-29-2019, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Congrats on your new guitar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
I was impressed by how the contour of the pickguard transitioned with the rosette. Very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
I can see why you're smiling Jayne. It looks fantastic! Congratulations, and may you have many happy hours of playing it.

Col
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Always such a cool experience to pick up a new build in person!

I had the chance to meet Sparky and play a few of his guitars in Grass Valley in June. All the ones I played were all very nice instruments.

Love the lines of this one and it sounds lovely--congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Congrats Jayne. I have not posted in this thread for some time now, my apologies. The guitar looks amazing as did your drive to pick it up. I met Sparky at Woodstock one year towards the end of the show and at that point I was just in overwhelmed mode and regret that I did not spend more time with his guitars. Super nice guy.

The sound clips are wonderful especially on just an iphone. I have never heard itsy bitsy spider played so well and sound so great!!!!
Thanks to all of you here who have shared in my excitement. Needless to say, I have been getting to know this guitar better over the past week and am still amazed by its clarity, warmth and balance. I have been working on completing a new song in Dropped D and woke up this morning with the chorus to another song I started late last year. So, inspiration abounds!!

I am not a very confident performer or recorder but once I get the guitar parts where I want them on this latest song, I'll take the plunge and do a down and dirty recording just so you can hear again what a lovely guitar this truly is.

Best,
Jayne
Old 07-30-2019, 09:01 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Definitely looking forward to that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop