The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-13-2021, 05:58 PM

Default Yamaha vs Martin case

Both Yamaha and Martin cases have the length of material spanning the hinge side to support the open lid and prevent hyperextending of the hinges.

On any Martin case I have closed, the material invariable folds outside the case and hangs out, unless you tuck it inside as it is closed. In the Yamaha case, material always folds properly into the case, yet there does not appear to be a seam or anything else to guide it into place.

I am trying to see what Yamaha did to get this right. The only thing I can see is they maybe attach it further inside the case and use a heavier material.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:06 PM

I've always used the affordable but sturdy Canadian made Yorkville hardshell and I just checked the dreadnought one I currently have, the strap is at the bottom right on the guitar if you were looking at the guitar sitting in the case, this case it also sticks out the case, to be honest I didn't notice! I don't use that one a lot right now. My Guild case has the strap at the 9th feet about, and it automatically folds into the case which is nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion