The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-13-2018, 04:33 PM

Cool Trance Audio Amulet

Hey there...just bought a 2009 Martin HJ-38 and am wanting (like everyone) the Best possible Acoustic sound plugged in. Has anyone used the "Trance Audio Amulet"...if so, which model ??
Old 08-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Yep, I moved to Trance after years of UST and 2 source systems. I just decided I no longer wanted anything between saddle and saddle slot and I didn't like systems that are too invasive (glue, extra holes etc.)

There are a lot of great pickup options now days, we truly are spoiled for choice, but I'm a big fan of the Trance Amulet Mono. I went with the MVT (Volume and tone wheel) as the Trance can be a bit bright and need tonal taming.

Great sound, very little eq required, good all round pickup.

Lots of discussion on it over in the amplification subform - its well worth a search
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Do check the amp section. I have an MVT and just a VT in two guitars. One guitar doesn’t have room for the dual control version so I adjusted it on the interior preamp. Both guitars sound great. I get comments alll the time about how “natural” they sound. Only thing I found better is playing directly into a condenser mic. Somewhat difficult to install. More than worth the effort.
Martin D28 1937 Authentic
John Walker Lochsa
Roberts Slope Dread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion