The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Guest 928

We clearly need a thread to define close and its variations like closing, closer, and closest.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post

So then they are not really the same, are they? In fact you were not looking for a guitar that would feel and play like your 814ce when you bought your Shorty from me, if you were you would be the owner of a CO-WS1000N2. I'm guessing getting as close to your 814ce was also not a priority when ordering your Emerald either. Or was it? The fact that you like your CF guitars as much, or more than your 814ce is not proof that they are similar, it's proof that like me, you enjoy some variety in your guitars.

BTW, sending you an email.
Right you are, sir! When I bought the Shorty, I was looking for something smaller than the 814... as in: a Grand Concert. I was looking for a carbon fiber that was "more traditional" looking... taking baby steps.

That Shorty showed me that "being similar to anything else" simply doesn't matter - it is all about the sound and the feel. Although, for full disclosure, I did buy a Taylor 522ce 12-fret from you after the Shorty, because I like that size!

I admit it: I like guitars! I like some variety in my guitars. And, there is a lot of variety for all kinds of players out there these days! I used to be a Gibson guy (in the 60s and 70s); then I tried a bunch of different guitars and kinda found myself being a Taylor guy. These lovely (sound, feel, and looks) CF guitars are absolute proof that I am a GUITAR guy!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Lattice Cherry Pie
Ingredients

1 Pastry for Double-Crust Pie or one 15-ounce package rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrusts (2 crusts)
2 - 14 1/2 ounce cans pitted tart red cherries (water pack)
1 1/2cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Directions
Prepare and roll out Pastry for Double-Crust Pie or let refrigerated pie crusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Line a 9-inch pie plate with a pastry circle; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For filling, drain cherries, reserving the liquid from 1 of the cans (discard liquid from the other can). In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Gradually stir in reserved cherry liquid. Cook and stir over medium-high heat just until bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cherries, butter, and almond extract.
Transfer filling to the pastry-lined pie plate. Weave pastry strips in a lattice pattern. Press ends of strips into bottom pastry rim. Fold bottom pastry over strip ends; seal and crimp edge.
To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-14-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
...Although, for full disclosure, I did buy a Taylor 522ce 12-fret from you after the Shorty, because I like that size!
Yes, as I recall, you wanted a wood guitar that was like your CF??
Old 04-14-2017, 06:33 PM
Guest 928

Mot;

I love you! Great receipt! I love cherry pie. Thanks for your many contributions.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Yes, as I recall, you wanted a wood guitar that was like your CF??
True! Ummm... what kind of mahogany sounds most like carbon fiber? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 PM

Thanks Evan. I always look forward to your posts too. Glad I found something you like that you can also sink your teeth into.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber