The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-03-2018, 02:52 AM

sorry for the late reply! I bought a Buck - boost converter, and a USB cable and a 9v cable, and soldered all these together.

next, I just needed to tune the output of the Buck-boost to output a steady 9.02v.. that's all really..
Old 06-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster View Post
Not sure I get it...The rechargeable brick is less expensive, a one-time cost, you can plug your existing power supply in it, it's easy to recharge and you don't have to worry about positive-negative, voltage issues.

Its a reasonable solution, albeit one of several options, but for me it is a simpler, cleaner, solution. But...whatever works for you.

I highly recommend this solution. I was a photographer for many years and used these batteries to power lights successfully. As was previously stated they are full voltage vs 1.2 volts. Their capacity is only limited by their size, they are inexpensive, have long lifetimes and can be recharged a lot of times without memory loss.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 06-05-2018, 11:54 AM

This is a great thread, lots of useful info.

I was looking for parts to make my own powerbank for my pedal board when I saw an add for an APC backup UPS. It has two 3 prong outlets and comes with a removable power pack. I figure I can get at least 6 or 7 hours out of it per charge which is plenty. The best part? I was on sale for $100 off. I'll report back once I give a thorough test
Old 07-05-2018, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Battery Buddy PS-2? Selling new on Reverb for only $50.

https://reverb.com/item/10275852-bat...t-power-supply
Reviving this thread for an update and an answer to my own question since no one seemed to have any experience with this unit. I purchased one of these new on Reverb for $50 and it works GREAT! It has a battery level indicator and comes with the charger (USB type, no wall plug but all standard wall/USB plugs work) and a single, short 9v cord. I have used this a couple times now to power my Neunaber Wet Reverb pedal on gigs where I've gone totally powerless (meaning everything running on battery) and it works great. It is very small and light-weight (so easy to pack and carry) and provides excellent and long lasting power to the pedal. Excellent solution for those looking to provide some 9v power for pedals.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Photo of the Battery Buddy

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification