The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-28-2020, 02:04 PM

Default Do you have a Chakotay guitar?

Chakotay is a character in Star Trek: Voyager.

He starts out as very significant and central to the storyline but over time he fades until it seems like the scriptwriters don't really know what to do with him and have to struggle to find a use for him.

Shame but by the end there was nothing meaningful for him to do, just contrived dialogue and a forced love affair. Probably would have been better if they'd killed him off in style 3 seasons earlier.

And yes. I have at least one. I'm going to sell it (them) off in style rather than leave them to gather dust.

Mark Twain
Old 02-28-2020, 02:46 PM

Big Star Trek Voyager fan. It took me a few episodes (or a season) before I warmed up to Chakotay. I didn't see him fade away towards the end and I'm glad they didn't get rid of his character in season 3.

But to you question, which is a good one, if you have a guitar that never gets played and there's no sentimental value it may be time to sell/trade it for something that gets played - which is what you're doing. I have an inexpensive no name that doesn't get played but it's a great guitar for me to take to the bonfire/beach/road so I'm keeping it.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood_Lad View Post
Chakotay is a character in Star Trek: Voyager.

He starts out as very significant and central to the storyline but over time he fades until it seems like the scriptwriters don't really know what to do with him and have to struggle to find a use for him.

Shame but by the end there was nothing meaningful for him to do, just contrived dialogue and a forced love affair. Probably would have been better if they'd killed him off in style 3 seasons earlier.

And yes. I have at least one. I'm going to sell it (them) off in style rather than leave them to gather dust.

I LOVE Voyager. I am sorry a movie wasn't made with the cast. It's been awhile since I watched the whole series (but not that long ago), and I don't remember Chakotay fading out. I just started watching it again and I'm at season 2, so it will be awhile.

As to your queston, I only have a couple of guitars and they serve different functions so I can't comment on your question. But I just had to chime in because I wouldn't leave myself out of a post that mentions the Voyager series.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 02-28-2020, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I sell the guitars that do not get played. I had up to 7 at one time and I am down to 4 plus one on consignment. All those 4 get played at least several times a week and two almost daily. I like guitars to have good homes and get enjoyed for the sound they make rather than the space they take up in a case or on a wall.

Best,
Jayne
Old 02-28-2020, 05:19 PM

Once 7 of 9 joined a lot of characters faded into the background imo, and Chakotay was one of them. He was still around but he didn't do much, nor did Tuvok or Neelix. They had a few good stories but bo me they seemed to be supporting cast to the Doctor, the Captain and 7.

Mark Twain

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion