The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 08-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Default ***I QUIT!!!*** Just Wow!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4X9Ok14JrM

If you don’t feel like watching it all, don’t miss the Recorder playing starting at 6:15.

Meanwhile, after watching this, I quit. I’m going to sell all my guitars and pickup knitting.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHIGH View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i4X9Ok14JrM

If you don’t feel like watching it all, don’t miss the Recorder playing starting at 6:15.

Meanwhile, after watching this, I quit. I’m going to sell all my guitars and pickup knitting.
Nah, someone would just post a youtube video of some world class knitter and you'd be back to square one again. Stay with the guitar. Keep at it, keep it real, and keep it you. (It is fun to watch highly skilled folks who enjoy what they do.)

Best,
Jayne
Old 08-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Folks from the Asian cultures seem to have a very high degree of discipline and focus compare to much of the Western world. Currently, my favorite fingerstyle players (aside from a few such as Larry Pattis), are from Thailand, the Philippines, and Japan. These are players who do wonders with our own pop music, turning the tunes into works of art. Funny thing, I would guess they spend their time practicing and perfecting their art rather than hanging out in forums.

Rather than giving up playing, I prefer to enjoy the work of these people and just continue doing what I am doing as long as it is enjoyable.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 08-15-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Folks from the Asian cultures seem to have a very high degree of discipline and focus compare to much of the Western world. Currently, my favorite fingerstyle players (aside from a few such as Larry Pattis), are from Thailand, the Philippines, and Japan. These are players who do wonders with our own pop music, turning the tunes into works of art. Funny thing, I would guess they spend their time practicing and perfecting their art rather than hanging out in forums.

Rather than giving up playing, I prefer to enjoy the work of these people and just continue doing what I am doing as long as it is enjoyable.

Tony
Yes, Larry is fabulous, both on steel and nylon strings. Funny you should mention Larry, I just bought a Great River mic preamp from him. He's a really nice man as well--and loves animals, which is always a bonus as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

I've never understood the tongue-in-cheek "i quit" compliment.

I never saw these things as competitions.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN