The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-22-2016, 08:57 PM

I've used REAPER on the PC to do some video work http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2011/...o-in-reaper-4/ and the latest version has added some additional video features, but video tools offer a lot more features with better reliability. Things like titling, reframing, color adjustment, and video effects are standard in NLE (non linear editor) programs but missing or limited in REAPER (and I imagine in other DAWs when used for video).

And just perusing the REAPER forum the Mac people seem to have a little more trouble with video than PC folks.

On the other hand, REAPER is a free fully functional 60 day trial, so it's easy to snag it and find out if it does the job.

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 03-23-2016, 05:05 AM

Thanks Fran

Yes I have been looking at Reaper and I think, for video, I am going to have to look at using Imovie or FCP. I will most likely invest in Logic and use iMovie but Reaper and its price is very tempting.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD