The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-15-2018, 10:10 AM

Default Ted Åstrand Build

In December 2016 I ordered one of the best guitars in the whole world, if not the universe! Ted is the most wonderful guy, and I don’t think there’s anyone I trust as much as I trust him, when it comes to guitar building. I hope that you want to wait for this guitar with me. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about her. Right now I think eta will be somewhere like late 2019. If you think I am a little early posting this thread, take a look on the other Åstrand build threads here.

I got to try one of the guitars he built not too long ago, and I just fell even more in love. In a hotel room in Gothenburg

22nd of January 2018 I visited his workshop in Sweden, where I did some wood selecting:

(This is actually with madrose, but I changed that to the Brazilian you can see below)

This is a beautiful Brazilian rosewood set, which is way older than me, and Ted! It was the most expensive in the shop, but as this guitar is a three year wait time guitar, I think that’s worth it!

I have not decided the body shape yet, but I am leaning towards a SJ.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

That should be fun! Now the wait. I look forward to updates.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:14 PM

I have an A-OM by Ted. The build link for which is here :http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...hlight=astrand

You will not be disappointed, he builds exceptional instruments and is widely respected by his luthier peers. Recently, my wife and I took a three night trip to Gothenburg so that Ted could give my guitar the once over after nearly three years of ownership. He had it for a whole day and returned to me almost as a different instrument. The setup was/is magnificent and he cut and fitted a new nut for the guitar, all at zero cost. He is as committed to his customers as he is to building some of the finest instruments on the planet.

I look forward to seeing yours evolve over time...

Cheers,

Ian
Old 04-15-2018, 12:22 PM

Default Ted Åstrand Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianLP59 View Post
I have an A-OM by Ted. The build link for which is here :http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...hlight=astrand

You will not be disappointed, he builds exceptional instruments and is widely respected by his luthier peers. Recently, my wife and I took a three night trip to Gothenburg so that Ted could give my guitar the once over after nearly three years of ownership. He had it for a whole day and returned to me almost as a different instrument. The setup was/is magnificent and he cut and fitted a new nut for the guitar, all at zero cost. He is as committed to his customers as he is to building some of the finest instruments on the planet.

I look forward to seeing yours evolve over time...

Cheers,

Ian

Wow, sounds awesome. Isn’t Ted the most down to earth kind guy? Thank you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop