The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-18-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
What do you guys think of the Heritage Cherry color on the Hummingbird? A little vibrant, to say the least. Not sure if it’ll grow on me.
Since you ask, it isn’t one of my favorites. But after a while, with ANY sunburst or pigmented top, you get so you barely even notice what color the top is. You get used to it, and that’s as it should be, because it’s the music that’s played on the guitar that matters, not what paint they decided to use on it in the factory’s finish department.

whm
Old 12-24-2019, 06:48 AM

Hello all, just wanted to say that I went with the Hummingbird and returned the AJ. Really really hard choice to make, but in the end I found that the lush mellowness of the Bird complemented my D18 better (even though I’m still trying to get used to the heritage cherry sunburst color). Wish I could’ve afforded to keep both, but oh well...Thanks so much for all your advice and feedback. Much appreciated!

Dil
Old 12-24-2019, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Awesome choice. Play her in good health!

For Sale: 2023 Collings D2H 1 3/4 Nut, Adi Bracing, NTB -- $4250 shipped

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion