The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-17-2022, 12:49 PM

Default Acoustic Pedalboard

In the process of putting together an acoustic pedalboard with a few pedals, what cables is eveyone having good luck with? Thanks in advance
Old 08-17-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelton View Post
In the process of putting together an acoustic pedalboard with a few pedals, what cables is eveyone having good luck with? Thanks in advance
I've found in some cases that your instrument cable can make a difference, but any middle-of-the-road patch cable for a pedalboard is just fine. Spend all you want on oxygen-free, neutrik-ended unobtainium patch cables, but most any half-decent cable is just as good.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:37 PM

I try for Neutrik connectors. For low profile short patch cables, MXR have worked well for me. The ribbon type cables are very low profile and I've had success with them too.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 08-17-2022, 04:31 PM

Switchcraft Pancake jacks are the best… and reliable too, I’ve had a couple of leads made up with them for years of heavy use and still going strong.

The beauty of them is that they allow you to put your pedals super-close together and get more on the board.

If you want the ultimate, use them with Mogami cables. I honestly can’t hear a difference though, and I tend to go with Somer brand cable for everything and solder my own ends on… it’s cheaper, very well-shielded and flexible.

Yamaha MIJ CJX32
Avalon L32
Avalon A32 Legacy
Lowden 022
Gibson J-185
Takamine TNV360sc
Cole Clark Fat Lady 3
Old 08-17-2022, 08:00 PM

Thank you everyone for the tips, will look at these. Kinda like the flat ribbon style. Going to get it all layed out and maybe put together my next long off..
Old 08-18-2022, 03:48 AM

https://shop.sommercable.com/en/Conn...I-J63MA05.htmlThese look good:

Yamaha MIJ CJX32
Avalon L32
Avalon A32 Legacy
Lowden 022
Gibson J-185
Takamine TNV360sc
Cole Clark Fat Lady 3

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification