The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-17-2022, 10:27 AM

Default Any Experience with Harmonica Mic and Amp

These days I'm playing more and more rack harmonica in my acoustic sets, and wondering if there would be advantages to a separate mic and small amp (like a 20 watt Fender Champion) to amplify the sound more than just through the vocal mic. I found a product called Rackit! (blowsmeaway.com) and wondering if anyone has experience with it, it looks a little cumbersome. I see an option of putting the Rackit on a mic stand instead of around the neck which seems interesting. I also see there are some pedals out there for harps, mainly to overdrive the sound for that Chicago blues sound.

If you're a rack player and have a setup separate from just playing into your vocal mic, I'd be interested in your experiences and the gear you use and if you feel it's worth the effort, especially for blues.
Old 08-17-2022, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

I use a shure sm57 that has an added volume control though a Princeton reverb amp. Sounds great.
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification