The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-04-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post
Pats lose!
No longer undefeated.

A most satisfying NFL game, indeed.
I believe the Pats have lost games before.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-04-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyo View Post

Pats lose!
No longer undefeated.

A most satisfying NFL game, indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
I believe the Pats have lost games before.
Don't tell AmericanEagle that...Grin...

From 10-10-2019:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Pats win!
Still undefeated.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Exclamation LIONS LOSE

again...
Old 11-04-2019, 03:46 PM

Only good thing about the Patriot's loss last night is that we don't have to start hearing about 'undefeated season' again. Much too distracting.

Entering this season I was wondering whether Brady would be a top 5 QB, a Top 10, or an average QB. Thinking he may be closer to average? His QBR rating is #10 but his RTG is 18th. Completion % is 16th. Your thoughts? He's still the guy I want to see with the ball in his hands in the final 2 minutes of a game and down 7 points.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
He's still the guy I want to see with the ball in his hands in the final 2 minutes of a game and down 7 points.
Right now there are three guys - They are Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. In a year or two the trio will be Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson. Wilson is not quite with the first three, and the second three will eclipse his career.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 11-04-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Only good thing about the Patriot's loss last night is that we don't have to start hearing about 'undefeated season' again. Much too distracting.

Entering this season I was wondering whether Brady would be a top 5 QB, a Top 10, or an average QB. Thinking he may be closer to average? His QBR rating is #10 but his RTG is 18th. Completion % is 16th. Your thoughts? He's still the guy I want to see with the ball in his hands in the final 2 minutes of a game and down 7 points.
He's the same as ever. When they were down and he actually needed to move the ball, he did. He's been average because he's not sure about the O-line and has no chemistry with his receivers so far this year. And, he's not needed to win these games, so he's trying to put the D in good situations and not force things.

He'll be fine when he needs to be.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-04-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
He's the same as ever. When they were down and he actually needed to move the ball, he did. He's been average because he's not sure about the O-line and has no chemistry with his receivers so far this year. And, he's not needed to win these games, so he's trying to put the D in good situations and not force things.

He'll be fine when he needs to be.
Yea, it's a shame that neither Gordon or Brown worked out at wide receiver.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:16 PM

Most rushing yards goes to that cat.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:39 AM

Sorry. I jinxed the Patsies. I wanted Baltimore to lose so I threw in my support. That’s the kiss of death! ! :-/ ;-)
Old 11-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
Right now there are three guys - They are Brady, Brees, and Rodgers. In a year or two the trio will be Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson. Wilson is not quite with the first three, and the second three will eclipse his career.
I certainly agree about the 6 QB's you mentioned, but apparently you have not watched Russell Wilson play this year! My goodness, 5 TD's yesterday and 22 TD's with only 1 interception for the season?! Go watch the game replays... he's freaking magic.

Last edited by Poppa; 11-05-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Yea, it's a shame that neither Gordon or Brown worked out at wide receiver.
However, I sure hope Gordon works out for his new team! He's a beast.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Sorry. I jinxed the Patsies. I wanted Baltimore to lose so I threw in my support. That’s the kiss of death! ! :-/ ;-)
LOL. I have to ask ... when the Chiefs and Patriots play on Dec 8 who will you be rooting for? Or do you need to wait for the standings at that time before making a call?
Old 11-05-2019, 06:42 PM

As much as I admire Brady and the Pats, I'll be rooting for the Chiefs. Mahome's ill be back in the saddle and it's a joy to watch Hill, Watkins, Kelce, et Al. Moore did a great job at QB and some of the plays Hill made (and the others) were simply amazing.

However, I'm sure the Pats defense will be equally amazing. Should be a great game.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
I certainly agree about the 6 QB's you mentioned, but apparently you have not watched Russell Wilson play this year! My goodness, 5 TD's yesterday and 22 TD's with only 1 interception for the season?! Go watch the game replays... he's freaking magic.
I don't get to see a lot of the Seahawks. We get the Chargers, Rams and Raiders all the time, followed by Cardinals and 49's. We get more Broncos and Chiefs than 'Hawks for some reason. The early feed features the Packers, Pats, Saints, and Bears. And I follow the Ravens as much as possible.

So I don't get to see Wilson consistently making those clutch two-minute drives to seal the deal. I guess I know it happens, but the highlight reels usually show the scoring play and not all that leads up to it.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the NFL is going to move towards drafting more mobile QB's early like Watson and Jackson with the idea that the team has three to five years to surround a talented QB with high priced talent that compliments the QB's skill set and if it doesn't work within that time frame, then jettison the QB and find another.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 11-06-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
I don't get to see a lot of the Seahawks. We get the Chargers, Rams and Raiders all the time, followed by Cardinals and 49's. We get more Broncos and Chiefs than 'Hawks for some reason. The early feed features the Packers, Pats, Saints, and Bears. And I follow the Ravens as much as possible.

So I don't get to see Wilson consistently making those clutch two-minute drives to seal the deal. I guess I know it happens, but the highlight reels usually show the scoring play and not all that leads up to it.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the NFL is going to move towards drafting more mobile QB's early like Watson and Jackson with the idea that the team has three to five years to surround a talented QB with high priced talent that compliments the QB's skill set and if it doesn't work within that time frame, then jettison the QB and find another.
Well, that is an interesting take! You may be right. But if I was an offensive coordinator (which I'm not) I would want you to run the play as called. Scrambling for good yards is a bonus in a pinch but not optimal. A great pocket passer is preferred. More yards and less wear and tear. A good offensive line brings wonders.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic