The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-13-2021, 11:30 AM

Default Nembrini Acoustic Voice plugin

This plugin is available in Mac, PC, and IOS AUV3 formats. Here is a demo which I think sounds really good:

https://youtu.be/gmqGTVpRblc
Old 08-13-2021, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

I think it's sounds better than an untreated piezo but the quack isn't totally gone and that's the threshold that has to be crossed for me to ever want to record using a piezo undersaddle pickup.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 08-13-2021, 01:59 PM

Default Nembrini Acoustic Voice plugin

I record a lot using my mic blend pickup. The main reason I do it is to separate the guitar from my voice.

It sounds like this:

https://youtu.be/RZSU_zWYBgg

This is with a Schertler AG-6 pickup with the S-Mic turned all the way up. There is also some bleed of course from the Shure BETA 56A mic. The S-mic picks up just a trace amount of my vocal, and the guitar in the BETA56A is about a third as loud as the guitar. Overall, the guitar doesn’t sound fully acoustic, but it is pretty, very clear, and I like the way it sounds more than any other way I have attempted at getting a recording of my guitar and vocals together.

I bought the Nembrini Acoustic Voice plugin for IOS (which is how I record) back when it was on it’s introduction sale, but I am traveling right now and haven’t had a chance to experiment with it yet. In this demo at least, the sound seems in line with what you would expect from a decent mic modeler or IR.

Last edited by lkingston; 08-13-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:57 PM

I've got it but haven't used it because I'm in between windows computers. My acer died a pathetic death. But I've used blue cats re-guitar extensively. Has anyone tried it ? I usually record the guitar from two sources...the piezo and a mag soundhole and pump both thru re-guitar.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp
Old 08-16-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I think it's sounds better than an untreated piezo but the quack isn't totally gone and that's the threshold that has to be crossed for me to ever want to record using a piezo undersaddle pickup.

For my fingerstyle and singing demos, I would actually be quite happy with the sound on this demo. To my ears, it sounds so much better than what I normally hear on home recorded acoustic guitar with various mics, even if it isn’t a perfect rendition of a miked guitar.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
For my fingerstyle and singing demos, I would actually be quite happy with the sound on this demo. To my ears, it sounds so much better than what I normally hear on home recorded acoustic guitar with various mics, even if it isn’t a perfect rendition of a miked guitar.
I think it is certainly a usable IR modeler plugin and no reason not to experiment with it to your hearts content and I agree it does not matter if it sounds exactly like an unplugged acoustic. It only matters what you like..

That said::: between the two ,,, honestly I personally much prefer the guitar sound you are getting in your video over that demo video sound ....juss sayin'

If I had that plugin I would likely tend to experiment with it sparingly, as parallel FX for some acoustic guitar tracks But that's just me ...

I would also advise there is no valid, objective way, to compare the sound in that demo with any of the home recordings with various mics as you mention .......Simply because there are far too many variables involved, for that to be possible .....

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 08-16-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
That said::: between the two ,,, honestly I personally much prefer the guitar sound you are getting in your video over that demo video sound ....juss sayin'
Thanks for that. In the video I posted, the guitar sound is coming out of my Schertler AG6 pickup with the S-mic turned all the way up. There is still a little bit of magnetic pickup in the sound, but it's mostly the little mic. There is also a small amount of guitar in the vocal mic.

The little bit of magnetic sound in the acoustic doesn't bother me.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for that. In the video I posted, the guitar sound is coming out of my Schertler AG6 pickup with the S-mic turned all the way up. There is still a little bit of magnetic pickup in the sound, but it's mostly the little mic. There is also a small amount of guitar in the vocal mic.

The little bit of magnetic sound in the acoustic doesn't bother me.
Your PM box is full. Tried to PM you this morning.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I record a lot using my mic blend pickup. The main reason I do it is to separate the guitar from my voice.

It sounds like this:

https://youtu.be/RZSU_zWYBgg

This is with a Schertler AG-6 pickup with the S-Mic turned all the way up. There is also some bleed of course from the Shure BETA 56A mic. The S-mic picks up just a trace amount of my vocal, and the guitar in the BETA56A is about a third as loud as the guitar. Overall, the guitar doesn’t sound fully acoustic, but it is pretty, very clear, and I like the way it sounds more than any other way I have attempted at getting a recording of my guitar and vocals together.

I bought the Nembrini Acoustic Voice plugin for IOS (which is how I record) back when it was on it’s introduction sale, but I am traveling right now and haven’t had a chance to experiment with it yet. In this demo at least, the sound seems in line with what you would expect from a decent mic modeler or IR.

The guitar came across fine- I could barely hear your voice though.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 AM

I read about and listened to different recording devices when I first started thinking about doing videos. At the time I had an iPhone7 that was a few years old. Circumstances allowed, or demanded , I get a new phone, so I upgraded to a 2020 iPhone7 (SE) and voila!- I had tried a mini recording device that would do a better job of hearing the guitar and sent it back. I also tried a shuremv88 and was not impressed.
I tried a mini iPad and was not impressed and sent it back. I tried straight to my lap top and was not impressed-

My you tube channel I did a review (don't remember which one) in which I referenced the mini iPad- most of my videos are straight to my iPhone7 (SE) which does just fine as far as I can tell- professional? No. But, neither am I.
But, it is simple. See the K.I.S.S. in my signature? Not only is the phone simple, it is inexpensive, comparatively speaking and it is also is multi-purpose, i.e., utilitarian.

I even have a shure57 I have used to experiment using a mini loud box as the speaker and still I go back to the straight to the phone. I sit 30 or so inches away from it, lean it against my lap top screen and it captures quite well-

I follow these "plug in" device threads, a little, but, at this point in time, I'll stick to the phone.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD