The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-11-2018, 01:21 PM

Default Chromebook and HDMI issue

I have a Chromebook that I use to stream various apps to the TV (Kodi etc) and up to a week ago, I did that by connecting a micro HDMI cable to my AV receiver and then onto the TV. It worked well.

Now, I get stuttery picture and the audio drags considerably. Tried a different cable, tried connecting directly to the TV, tried another TV and the problem persists everywhere. The big however, is, if I open a webpage and stream from youtube, it all works fine. It appears my problem is only when I use an app. Anyone have any ideas of where to look. There are no "settings" that I could find.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:29 AM

All I can think of is try another app or look to see if the app you're using is asking for more system resources or performance than the chromebook has. Look for text or reports or forum posts about others having same problem.

IIRC, Kodi is open source. Are there other builds you can try? Have you looked at something in Google's store that has a good reputation? Even if you like Kodi most trying something else can tell you if Kodi is the culprit.

Finally, as a general rule Chromebooks kind of often mediocre or craptacular in the spectrum of mobile computing. Cheap ones don't have much power or build quality. The premium ones are kind of ???? for spending that much on something that's not a general purpose computer. If the Kodi code was intended for a better hardware that might be a bottleneck.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic