The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD: (Price drop) $5250 Santa Cruz MINT koa Firefly

Guitar is now sold...

This is a Santa Cruz Firefly koa guitar, a wonderful instrument with gorgeous flamed curly koa, and a wonderful voice to match. I purchased it in June of 2019, but found that I simply could not get used to playing a guitar that did not have a cutaway.

It is in mint condition, but I did have the original silver mini Gotoh tuners swapped out by a luthier for the exact same tuner in antique gold, as I prefer gold tuners on my instruments. The original tuners are included though if you would prefer to swap them back, as is the case candy and some of the Santa Cruz polish.

The case is a hearty Santa Cruz Ameritage model, with incredible padding that fits like a glove. The only downside is it is extremely heavy. So in order to better travel with it, I bought a guitar saddle backpack that allows you to utilize backpack straps. This is included in the sale as well. There are a couple of markings on the Ameritage case, but the guitar itself is in fantastic condition.

Note: the stand shown in the photos is not included in the sale. There is a new one for sale on Reverb for over $10k, donʻt miss this chance to get an amazing deal on this beauty. I am asking $5250 shipped for it, no trades please.

Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 05-20-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Wow - what a beautiful little guitar! GLWS!!
Old 03-14-2020, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
Wow - what a beautiful little guitar! GLWS!!
Thanks very much.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 03-18-2020, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Midweek bump...
Old 03-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Bump for the weekend...
Old 03-21-2020, 09:34 AM

Bet that is a nice little guitar. Never seen a firefly, but my PJ is great and the clip Pinecone recently put up in show and tell shows off his Style 1. A little Santa Cruz is a nice thought while self isolating. Glws.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff View Post
Bet that is a nice little guitar. Never seen a firefly, but my PJ is great and the clip Pinecone recently put up in show and tell shows off his Style 1. A little Santa Cruz is a nice thought while self isolating. Glws.

Jeff
Thanks very much Jeff.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Weekend bump for a great little couch guitar to keep you entertained while you stay at home...
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Midweek bump for a koa beauty...that sounds as good as it looks.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:48 AM
Charter Member

Price drop on this koa beauty to $6250 shipped.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Midweek price drop to $5999 for this one...
Old 04-13-2020, 07:22 PM
Charter Member

New week, new bump...
Old 04-14-2020, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
This is a Santa Cruz Firefly koa guitar, a wonderful instrument with gorgeous flamed curly koa, and a wonderful voice to match. I purchased it in June of 2019, but found that I simply could not get used to playing a guitar that did not have a cutaway.

It is in mint condition, but I did have the original silver mini Gotoh tuners swapped out by a luthier for the exact same tuner in antique gold, as I prefer gold tuners on my instruments. The original tuners are included though if you would prefer to swap them back, as is the case candy and some of the Santa Cruz polish.

The case is a hearty Santa Cruz Ameritage model, with incredible padding that fits like a glove. The only downside is it is extremely heavy. So in order to better travel with it, I bought a guitar saddle backpack that allows you to utilize backpack straps. This is included in the sale as well. There are a couple of markings on the Ameritage case, but the guitar itself is in fantastic condition.

Included is a video sound sample of the exact guitar for sale. It was made for me by the dealer that sold it to me in 2019. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqK...ature=emb_logo

Note: the stand and wall hanger shown in the photos are not included in the sale. I am asking $5999 for it, no trades please.

D'oh!,

I've always wanted one and would take this, but it would have to have a bound headstock as that I imprinted on the first time I saw the model.

'13 408 Brazilian: Brazilian neck, Artist grade .

NOS '07 Modern Eagle 1 w/Brazilian Neck & RP's.

'10 "Steve Fischer" Angelus in Adi/Coco.

'13 Artist Package Tonare Grand in Brazilian.

Fender:

'77 Strat w/EMG SA's.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabl10s View Post
D'oh!,

I've always wanted one and would take this, but it would have to have a bound headstock as that I imprinted on the first time I saw the model.
Thanks anyway...

Last edited by wickedwahine; 04-20-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:10 AM

********deleted******

Last edited by hifivic; 04-22-2020 at 12:43 AM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars