The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-02-2021, 10:52 PM

Default Godin Multiac Steel string...new version QUESTION

If anyone owns or has owned a Godin Multiac Steel hybrid guitar with the LR Baggs undersaddle as well as the Lyric mic and then the single coil lipstick pickup at the neck, please do tell. I would love to know how you like it, how it plays for you and why you have kept it or sold it. I am contemplating one for a performance guitar.

I have a stunning Godin LGXT maple semi-hollow with two humbuckers plus the acoustic guitar pickups at the bridge. All can be adjusted for tone and volume. The guitar also has the 13 pin midi connector. Its quite a versatile guitar and I love it but am thinking of letting it go for the Godin Multiac Steel HG mostly because of the lighter weight. Opinions?

Last edited by hotroad; 06-03-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:12 PM

I absolutely LOVE mine. I run it into a Line6 HX Stomp, which I’ve programmed to process the electric and acoustic outs separately. It is the first hybrid electric/acoustic guitar I’ve ever tried that isn’t a compromise on either the electric or acoustic sides.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:28 PM

I've owned the LGXT, and I currently own a Multiac Spectrum, which is a version of the Multiac Steel, except that it has three-voice capability. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go for the LGXT. The Spectrum may be fractionally lighter than the LGXT, but it's still a heavy guitar. Also, I'm not really that happy with the lipstick pickup, whereas on the LGXT you have the excellent Seymour Duncans. The Spectrum does have more of a jazzy and acoustic feel, for what that's worth.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:41 PM

The Multiac Spectrum is missing the Lyric mic of Multiac Steel. It has synth access instead. The sound of that mic blended in is why I like the Steel so much.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
... it but am thinking of letting it go for the Godin Multiac Steel HG mostly because of the lighter weight. Opinions?
I just noticed this part of your question. I don't know exactly how much it weighs, but the Multiac Steel is a pretty heavy guitar. It feels about the same as a solid body.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars