The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
Strumalot may be referring to the broken tuners mentioned in another topic. Although I don't know if heat could cause that.
Yes... and yes. Details in a new thread in the near future.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:41 PM

I just left my Rainsong CHPA parlor in the trunk for 2 straight days, while the car was parked and I was away. Totally fine. Both days were hot, exceptionally sunny, and my car is black. I took it to the beach a few days later. I’ll happily do it again because that’s exactly why I bought it—a weatherproof vacation guitar.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

Here's a thought: What get's hotter? Inside the trunk or inside the cabin of the car? I would think the cabin of the car as the windows would increase/amplify the heat. Anyone know for sure?

I keep a travel CF guitar in the trunk of my car all the time just in case I find myself at a gig with a guitar malfunction or just out and about not planning to play but stumbling onto an open mic or something. I've never experienced any issues with it.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:55 AM

I have left my X20 in the back seat for the last couple of months. Ambient air temperatures anywhere from 40F (~5C) to around 100F (~40C). Some of the car rubber is starting to fall off (2006 Honda), but the guitar still plays as well as the day I got it at the end of 2013 though I think it now has more personality (aka pick scratches).

After spending several months mourning a damaged mandolin I chose Emerald for its robustness (and the X20 per Alistair's opinion), and I wouldn't have brought anything else but a low end wood guitar with me (nor most of my other decent instruments) because I doubt they could have survived these environmental stresses as well. I had room for either a guitar or a trumpet and the guitar won this time. If I lose the X20, I will be getting another one (perhaps with mods or the first one I can grab because the stock version is awfully nice). This one does everything I need and don't see needing another guitar for quite a while (though I am still looking...).

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber