The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

I just can't get beyond my buddy Earl in a little black dress.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:49 PM

man, i wish i could try one of those....and yours is stunning! enjoy!!
1990 Alvarez DY-50
2019 McPherson Sable
Godin A6 Ultra
lots of electrics and amps!
Old 08-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I just can't get beyond my buddy Earl in a little black dress.
That cracked me up, Jim.

Anyone here who has met me would know that in the unlikely event that such a thing might happen, it would not be a LITTLE black dress. Back in my early karate days, I was the only one with sensei's permission to wear a black gi. It looked particularly good during demo's to see me in black being tossed around and hit. (I make a very convincing bad guy).
Old 08-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
That cracked me up, Jim.

Anyone here who has met me would know that in the unlikely event that such a thing might happen, it would not be a LITTLE black dress. Back in my early karate days, I was the only one with sensei's permission to wear a black gi. It looked particularly good during demo's to see me in black being tossed around and hit. (I make a very convincing bad guy).
"Convincing bad guy"? More like a gentle giant. But, I could see how you could look intimidating... just not in the black dress of any size.

To keep this on-topic: between the two of us, we have 3 X20s... soon to be 4. For those keeping score, it will be: Earl 3, Jim 1.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:28 PM

And keeping the thread on the X20 topic, playing yours with that wonderful lauro preto veneer last February in Phoenix made me realize just how dead the strings were on my X20. (You didn't play mine that day, so you didn't have to grimace - or go for a tetanus shot). I am doing better about keeping fresher strings on all of them lately. But I really should sell off some guitars, if nothing else to minimize my string-changing burden. There is such a thing as too many!! [ducking for cover]
Old 08-10-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
And keeping the thread on the X20 topic, playing yours with that wonderful lauro preto veneer last February in Phoenix made me realize just how dead the strings were on my X20. (You didn't play mine that day, so you didn't have to grimace - or go for a tetanus shot). I am doing better about keeping fresher strings on all of them lately. But I really should sell off some guitars, if nothing else to minimize my string-changing burden. There is such a thing as too many!! [ducking for cover]
Please excuse me while I change the batteries on my humidistats.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:33 PM

Really? I don't have any humidistats. But I do have several hygrometers to measure RH. Meters measure, and "stats" maintain some property (a thermostat maintains thermos). You're not the first and won't be the last to confuse the two......

Off to my corner now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber