The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Zoom vs US-122

I'm recording with an old US-122 usb interface (to mics). I'm wondering if a Zoom would be better. My mics are condensers, AKG Perception 150 and a Rode nt 5

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

The US 122 is a Tascam, correct? I have the 366 version and it's a good interface. I think the 122 is a bit older. I'm assuming you are talking about a Zoom H5 or H6? I think the drivers will be better on a newer device, and Zoom and Tascam are fairly comparable in terms of quality and drivers.

The Zoom can work as a stand alone recorder or an interface. But it shines more as a stand alone device. If you are going for dubbing and multiple tracks, probably a dedicated device would be best. If you do your playing and singing as a single track, the Zoom will work great.

Todd
Old 05-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
The US 122 is a Tascam, correct? I have the 366 version and it's a good interface. I think the 122 is a bit older. I'm assuming you are talking about a Zoom H5 or H6? I think the drivers will be better on a newer device, and Zoom and Tascam are fairly comparable in terms of quality and drivers.

The Zoom can work as a stand alone recorder or an interface. But it shines more as a stand alone device. If you are going for dubbing and multiple tracks, probably a dedicated device would be best. If you do your playing and singing as a single track, the Zoom will work great.

Todd

Thanks Todd.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:10 AM

Default Zoom

Not sure if you're still looking for a way to record or not, but I would highly recommend the ZOOM. I know for a fact that this video's audio was captured using its internal microphone alone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WORUlEab2g4 .

Best of luck

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD