The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 11:47 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
Okay, I'm starting to understand. The key on the keyboard does normally sound similar to the capo'd guitar. Not sure if he's capo'ing on the keyboard or what.
Pretty sure he's not capo-ing the keyboard.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:59 PM

I looked up the sheet music. The original composition was in C major, which would strain my voice to try to sing as composed. The chord chart we were shown shifts it to D major, which is in a more comfortable singing range, at least for my baritone. I'm not sure why the band leader wants the guitar to capo 7, but that's an artistic decision that would usually be influenced by the instrumental range of the band. Or maybe wanting everything to sound angelic?

Just for grins I tried to play the song as transposed in the chord chart, using a capo on the seventh fret. It was pretty crowded up there. I wouldn't want the band leader doing that to me every Sunday. Might as well bring a ukulele to church.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion