The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Default Casa Ferrer Guitar

Please be patient with me. I'm new to guitars in general and just joined this forum. If I break any rules or generally accepted decorum, please let me know.

Recently my cousin, a life long guitar player passed away and left his guitar collection to his band mates. They were kind enough take a few nice guitars and leave the remainder to the estate. In addition, they chose a nice Takamine Ltd. they wanted me to have. Now I'm starting the research to find out exactly what was left to the estate.

I have a Casa Ferrer guitar I would like more information on. I've sent an email to the factory with the attached pictures. Can any of you shed more light on this guitar?

I'm trying to understand posting images. Try these links.

https://flic.kr/p/2jPKqrc

https://flic.kr/p/2jPKqom

Last edited by jep17; 10-05-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:20 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Beautiful instrument, there's something written above the label inside the soundhole, and there also appear to be pen/marker notes to the bottom right of the label. The more specifics you can share here - or close ups of those details in the photos - the more likely someone is to be able to help you. There's another forum with a lot more active classical guitar types that may also prove useful, search online for delcamp classical guitar forum and you should get there. Good luck in your search for info!
Old 10-05-2020, 09:47 PM

One identical to that one has sold on Dreamguitars, which doesn't deal in cheap instruments, so that at least is a good start. I would definitely get a decent hardshell case.

Here's a link to the one sold, though the price isn't shown. You can look around the site to get an idea about the types and prices of guitars.
https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/ca...-flamenco.html
MLJ Parlor #27 / Eastman E2-CD / Silvertone 604 / Egmond 60's parlor / Journey OF660 / Martin Custom D / Santa Cruz D Pre War / Doff Classical / Takamine 12
Old 10-06-2020, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarsquatch View Post
One identical to that one has sold on Dreamguitars, which doesn't deal in cheap instruments, so that at least is a good start. I would definitely get a decent hardshell case.

Here's a link to the one sold, though the price isn't shown. You can look around the site to get an idea about the types and prices of guitars.
https://www.dreamguitars.com/shop/ca...-flamenco.html
The Dream link is helpful and reinforces my initial guess that this is a high-level student guitar. Probably made in Valencia for the Ferrer (Jose?) shop in Granada. Value? Hard to say. Offhand I'd say anywhere from $600 to 2k.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanpyle View Post
The Dream link is helpful and reinforces my initial guess that this is a high-level student guitar. Probably made in Valencia for the Ferrer (Jose?) shop in Granada. Value? Hard to say. Offhand I'd say anywhere from $600 to 2k.
I don't go to that site to buy guitars, usually to fantasize, because I never see them go much under $2000.
MLJ Parlor #27 / Eastman E2-CD / Silvertone 604 / Egmond 60's parlor / Journey OF660 / Martin Custom D / Santa Cruz D Pre War / Doff Classical / Takamine 12
Old 10-06-2020, 01:32 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

The OP should be advised that a "concert" guitar that sold at a premium is not necessarily in the same league as the instrument here. Although both have the same (final) label, the one shown here has another label underneath, has (apparently) slab-sawn (likely laminate) back, and has a number of other features that (to me) suggest "student/studio" line, not concert. A concert guitar (even that one labeled "flamenco") sold by the Casa Ferrer might go for a few grand, but I think it's terribly unlikely that a re-labeled factory studio instrument would demand Dream Guitar attention or pricing. More pictures of the headstock, back of the neck, interior of the guitar might help somewhat, but based on what we can see in the linked photos, someone on Delcamp could probably point you to the right factory/workshop in Spain pretty quickly.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
casa ferrer