The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-26-2020, 04:50 PM

Default Lark Guitar identification

Name on stock says Lark, inside sticker says distributed exclusively by the Philadelphia music Company Limerick Pennsylvania. Says made in Japan, has the exact looks of a hummingbird sunburst. I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures on this thread but if anyone has any info on this guitar I’d sure appreciate.

David
Old 10-26-2020, 05:18 PM

David, it seems likely that Lark was the house brand name for instruments distributed by that music wholesaler. It probably dates from somewhere in between the mid-1960’s to the mid-1980’s, as those were the years when Japanese made instruments dominated the entry level guitar market in North America.

When it comes to Japanese made guitars from that period, there are some highly knowledgeable folks who look in on this forum who might be able to give you more detailed information. They generally can make more educated guesses about which of the Japanese manufacturers might have made your instrument than I could.

While I have visited some Asian guitar factories when I was over there playing in clubs and at festivals, my own knowledge about the details regarding these instruments is paltry at best.

With luck someone who’s closer to being an expert on the subject will spot this thread and chime in.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 10-26-2020, 05:34 PM

Thanks so much Wade. I wish there was an easier way to just upload a photo of this guitar which I’m sure would help the identification. If any one also has a tip on that I’d appreciate

Cheers
Old 10-26-2020, 05:44 PM

This is essentially what the guitar looks like only its model number is L210 and it says it was made in Japan on the inside as opposed to Korea like this one here. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

//https://reverb.com/item/36214419-lark-l260-samick-1970-s-cherry-sunburst-mik
Old 10-26-2020, 06:08 PM

Let's look at it, shall we?

˙˙˙

whm
Old 10-26-2020, 06:26 PM

Yup there she is just without the hummingbird pick guard. So is this basically just a rip off of the Gibson hummingbird before the lawsuits shut them down?

And thanks for the technical assistance Wade, obv I’m new to these forums

Last edited by Daveyholmes; 10-26-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyholmes View Post
I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures on this thread...
Hi David... take a look at this post. As a registered user, you have two methods for posting pictures. You may use a third-party host, like Imgur, or you may use the Tapatalk app. Directions are in the post. PM me if I can be of help.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:02 PM

Appreciate the info!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
lark, sunburst