The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 07-09-2018, 08:10 AM

Default Larrivee LV-09 / LV-09e (2004) with K&K pickup, EIR/Sitka, Superb example, mint

This was my first serious acoustic guitar. It’s a superb instrument. I never thought I’d sell it, but I’ve committed to a few single luthier builds, so very sadly this Larrivee. It’s the best Larrivee I’ve played (out of several dozen), bettering even an LV-19CA (including in looks and tone) that I used to own.

The best new price I can find on these is £3,449 and I'd be surprised to find an example as good as this. Asking £2,395 obo.

Also listed on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123240899...84.m1558.l2649

DESCRIPTION

- Tightly grained Sitka top with beautiful and consistent silking: the best sitka top I’ve come across.

- K&K Pure Mini soundboard transducer pickup wired to a stereo endpin. A second mini-jack plug is wired to the “right” output of the "stereo" (TRS) endpin so that you can plug in a soundhole pickup (and can be easily removed). I can include an L R Baggs M1 for an extra £80 or an M1a for an extra £110. Sounds superb plugged in.

- I can include the fantastic Gotoh 510 tuners in 21:1 ratio with ebony buttons for an extra £100. (Pictured) Else it will come with the standard Larrivee all chrome tuners (Pings, I believe).

- Lowest action of any acoustic guitar I’ve played – it’s in electric territory, but still responds well to open tunings (e.g. CGDGAD, CGCGCE) without buzz. Great if you’re into tapping, soloing, etc. Of course this could be increased should that be desired.

- Virtually mint condition. Frets recently dressed. I'm struggling to find any marks on it.

Any questions, do let me know. Videos/audio/further photos on request.

Cash on collection from London SE24 or EC2/EC3, UK. Please let me know if you'd like to try the guitar. I will sell internationally. Collection preferred, but buyer to arrange shipping and insurance at their own cost and risk (and is of course liable for any duty/taxes on import, etc). CITES certificates may be necessary - I can arrange for this, but buyer to pay the costs and fees.

Serial number 72503 – Bought Feb 2005, construction started in 2004. Owned from new and carefully maintained (e.g. fretboard and bridge oiled every 6-12 months, polished, kept properly humidified at 40-48%, etc).

Solid Sitka spruce top

Solid East Indian Rosewood back and sides

Mahogany neck.

Ebony fingerboard, bridge and headstock faceplate.

Flamed maple body binding.

Gloss finish.

Clear pickguard.

Original hard shell case - Larrivee branded top with domed top for extra protection - included.

Low, buzz free action and excellent playability.

Wood:

Back & Sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
Top:Solid Sitka Spure
Neck: Solid mahogany
Headplate: Ebony
Fingerboard: Ebony
Bridge: Ebony
Hardware

Tuners: Ping 18:1 (or Gotoh 510 21:1 with ebanoid button for extra £70)
Saddle: Bone, compensated
Nut: Bone
Bridge Pins: Ebony
Case: Hardshell archtop (Larrivee branded)
Measurements

Scale Length: 25.5"
Upper Bout: 11.625"
Waist: 10.25"
Lower Bout: 16"
Body Depth: 4.75
Nut Width: 1-3/4"
Saddle Spacing: 2-1/4"
Details

Finish: Gloss
Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
Rosette: Abalone
Top Purfling: Multi-strip
Body Binding: Flamed maple
Heel Cap: Ivroid
Fingerboard Binding: Ivroid
Bridge Style: Standard
Pick Guard: None
Inlay

Headstock: Inlaid pearl logo with sterling silver boarder
Fingerboard: Micro Dots

Further pictures available on request.

It has been kept in its case, properly humidified in a smoke free home.

Cash on collection from London SE24 or EC2/EC3, UK preferred. Please let me know if you'd like to try the guitar. I will sell internationally. Buyer to arrange shipping and insurance at their own cost and risk (and is of course liable for any duty/taxes on import, CITES issues (if applicable) etc).

Actual postage price may be subject to change – buyer pays actual postage and packing cost. I have posted guitars with parcelforce the to UK before and the postage is typically around £25. However, separate insurance needs to be arranged (by the buyer). Buyers are also responsible for any applicable taxes and duties. Appropriate insurance strongly recommended.

No trades please - I'm selling to fund two Tom Sands guitars I have on order.
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists

Last edited by nobo; 07-09-2018 at 08:22 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
k&k, larrivee, lv-09, lv09, rosewood