The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-15-2021, 09:25 PM

Default Amp, reverb pedal & headphones for home use

Hey,
I have a K&K pure mini installed in my guitar. I'm looking to get a reasonably priced amp, reverb pedal and headphones (to keep the family happy).
I'd ideally like a reverb pedal that has 'shimmer' on it.
Does anyone have a similar set up and what products could you recommend for all three?
Cheers,
Simon.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 AM

TC Electronics HOF2 has shimmer. Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 may be a bit better. For the amp, a Yamaha THR5a with its mic blending ability should warm up that K&K tone nicely. As for headphones, my AKG K240 have been going strong for 5+ years now and have a nice long cable to let this old dog wander a bit. Lol.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:48 AM

if you're just using headphones, you could look for a small mixer with built in FX
Old 03-16-2021, 12:06 PM

You could get Zoom A14 for 100 bucks or so and have tons of effects, headphone out, and connect it to whatever computer/house speaker you have around if you just want to mess around at the house.

A dedicated amp/powered speaker/mixer would all still be on the table, and no matter what you acquire in the future it doesn’t nullify the worth of having one of these things around. The zoom A14 is perhaps the best 100 dollar pedal I’ve ever bought in my life.

https://zoomcorp.com/media/documents...UR_FX-list.pdf

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification