The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-14-2021, 01:26 PM

Default Preamp/EQ for Kremona KNA NG-1

Hi everyone,

I'm a fingerstyle guitar player who happens to play all of my music on classical guitars. I've been away from the amplification scene for a good number of years, so I hope you don't mind if I call on your collective expertise on the world of DI/preamp/eq boxes.

I recently purchased a Kremona KNA NG-1 piezo pickup and I also have an Ashdown Radiator 1 acoustic amp that's been gathering dust in a closet. Still waiting on the NG-1 to arrive. Here's some info on the NG-1:

https://www.knapickups.com/en/guitar...-1-pickup-kna/

I realize I should be just fine plugging straight into my Radiator 1 for home practice, but I'd like to buy a quality preamp/eq box in hopes of playing some gigs in the future, e.g., weddings, parties, etc. I'll need to do some recording to computer as well and a DI will be helpful.

Any recommendations on a quality, yet fairly simple, preamp/eq box? Most reviews of the NG-1 state that it does benefit from having the ability to adjust the eq.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions!

Fred

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification