The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Guest 33123

I have made a pledge not to give Mr. Bezos any more of my money. I don't like him as a person and he has more than enough.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:33 AM

In order to pull off megalomaniacal Bond villian chic he needs a private island loaded with submarines, rockets and lasers and several hundred minions in identical coveralls.

Oh, and a cat as well.

"Welcome to Fullfilment Centre Number 1 Mr Bond. I've been expecting you."

Last edited by Silurian; 07-05-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:06 AM

A new word is needed just for this guy. ‘Inequality’ just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:45 AM

Rich people don't put their money in a coffee can under their bed,---they have to invest it or spend it on fun things or capital to build more equipment/warehouses to employ more folks. thereby keeping the wheels turning on the economy. A couple years ago we "punished" them by putting a 10% tax on boat/plane purchases driving them to not buy new or buying overseas----forgetting that LOTS of people are employed making those toys. That plan was quickly abandoned. I'm not going to go any further 'cause this could fall into a forbidden political area!

Fog
Old 07-05-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
I’d be happy with just one billion
You could buy the Bruins! They're valued at $1B. Sadly, the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics would all be out of your range.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
A new word is needed just for this guy. ‘Inequality’ just doesn’t cut it anymore.
The reality is that he started a business, built it, and made it a publicly owned corporation on the US stock market. As the majority shareholder he definitely holds more of this valuable paper but, ultimately, its value is determined by people other than him. He also doesn't have that to spend ultimately as its wrapped up in stock.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
The reality is that he started a business, built it, and made it a publicly owned corporation on the US stock market. As the majority shareholder he definitely holds more of this valuable paper but, ultimately, its value is determined by people other than him. He also doesn't have that to spend ultimately as its wrapped up in stock.
+1. And if Bezos were to sell a few $B in stock it would send a negative reaction through the market and most likely cause the stock to lose some value.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

....don’t know the man but I have a couple friends that have worked for his company....both have prospered mightily....one is retired in his late forties...a bandmate of mine actually...the other was recently put in charge of the 10 billion dollar environmental project announced by Mr Bezos last year....she is the daughter of another bandmate from a different band....and probably in her late thirties....I asked her once what happens to Amazon employees when they turned fifty....she said she figures she’ll find out when she turns fifty...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic