The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-19-2020, 06:27 AM

Default NGD: LaPatrie Collection

I have been on a quest searching for the “right” guitar. What I have learned over time is that I prefer 12 fret designs and nylon strings (I play mostly fingerstyle).

I just play pop stuff, no classical. I bought a LaPatrie Collection, without electronics, on eBay. Bingo! The quest is over. The factory set up is dandy and my fingers seem to love it. The tone and projection are nice too.

I went with LaPatrie after watching Robert Godin in a factory tour video. It seems that their methods and QA are sound and his enthusiasm is infectious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXGV31hOYhs

Russ
Old 06-20-2020, 11:30 AM

Default La Patrie Collection

I have a La Patrie Collection which has become my guitar of choice. I can’t recall the number of guitars I’ve owned over the past 60 years and none of them was a better playing instrument. The radiused fretboard makes all the difference in the world. Barre chords have always been problematic for me and the La Patrie facilitates them. The action is great for finger picking as well. La Patries are extremely well made, they don’t warp, hold their tune and sound good due to solid woods construction. I doubt if there’s a better guitar available in the price range. Enjoy! Joe
Old 06-24-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragontooth View Post
I have a La Patrie Collection which has become my guitar of choice. I can’t recall the number of guitars I’ve owned over the past 60 years and none of them was a better playing instrument. The radiused fretboard makes all the difference in the world. Barre chords have always been problematic for me and the La Patrie facilitates them. The action is great for finger picking as well. La Patries are extremely well made, they don’t warp, hold their tune and sound good due to solid woods construction. I doubt if there’s a better guitar available in the price range. Enjoy! Joe
I just sold a La Patrie Collection. It had a flat radius. Are you sure you are not talking about the Hybrid they stopped making years ago?
Old 06-24-2020, 07:04 PM

Default 24” radius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERZEY View Post
I just sold a La Patrie Collection. It had a flat radius. Are you sure you are not talking about the Hybrid they stopped making years ago?
http://www.lapatrieguitars.com/specs.html
Old 06-24-2020, 07:35 PM

I've had a La Patrie Concert for several years.

1984 Carvin LB-40 bass
1986 Carvin DC-125 two humbucker
1996 Taylor 412
La Patrie Concert
2012 American Standard Telecaster
1981 Carvin DC 100
Harley Benton LP JR DC
Bushman Delta Frost & Suzuki harmonicas
Artley flute
Six-plus decade old vocal apparatus

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical