The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-04-2020, 01:13 PM

I believe Evan is referring to Journey.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumokids View Post
I believe Evan is referring to Journey.
Of course. Told you I’d kick myself
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-04-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Casual;

I see your point, but not completely persuaded. The U.S. company having its CF guitars made in China would appear to have a very small output. Small output may go a long way if you're talking about insanely low wages. That the company is paying shipping charges, U.S. based quality controls, and advertising suggests that small output is obtainable.

Hi Evan.

I'm not comfortable side tracking Simon's thread about the Emerald special project.

I'd be OK contributing if you start new discussion speculating about organizing and managing a carbon fibre guitar workshop. We'll pretend to be venture capitalists.

Best regards.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:28 PM

Just a quick update guys!

We are finally gearing up to return to production. Today was the first day we got some of the team back together (with safe measures in place) to get organised for the starting up of moulding.

We are hoping to get the full team back next week based on guidelines here in ireland. For this reason alistair has had to put the Weissenborn on hold so that we can be ready to hit the ground running.

This does give you guys more time to enter the competition ☺️

We have some super interesting projects that we are excited to now be able to push to completion right after we get the Weissenborn. I have spent much of my time over lockdown researching and trying out new ideas and processes. Alistair isnt the only one with quarantine projects you know
Old 06-04-2020, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon@Emerald View Post
Just a quick update guys!

We are finally gearing up to return to production. Today was the first day we got some of the team back together (with safe measures in place) to get organised for the starting up of moulding.

We are hoping to get the full team back next week based on guidelines here in ireland. For this reason alistair has had to put the Weissenborn on hold so that we can be ready to hit the ground running.

This does give you guys more time to enter the competition ☺️

We have some super interesting projects that we are excited to now be able to push to completion right after we get the Weissenborn. I have spent much of my time over lockdown researching and trying out new ideas and processes. Alistair isnt the only one with quarantine projects you know
That’s great news, Simon. Stay safe and well, and we look forward to a boatload of lovely new creations to drool over.

Now, how about an offset sound hole for the Amicus (and I know Mr. Hay’s opinion on the subject )?
Cordoba Stage

Old 06-04-2020, 05:25 PM

Great to hear it, Simon. It is good to be trending back toward "normal". We look forward to seeing the completed Weissenborn and the upcoming special projects too.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Guest 928

Simon;

Sorry to have gotten off-track for a bit. But I'm with you, following this interesting visual narrative. A couple of questions when you get a minute:

Are you already getting orders for future production of this instrument?

Will there be options for customization?

Will the contest be over with enough time for the winner to select a veneer?
Old 06-06-2020, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Simon;

Sorry to have gotten off-track for a bit. But I'm with you, following this interesting visual narrative. A couple of questions when you get a minute:

Are you already getting orders for future production of this instrument?

Will there be options for customization?

Will the contest be over with enough time for the winner to select a veneer?
Hi Evan!

I believe we are able to take deposits on them to reserve an instrument.

Pretty much all standard customisation options will be open as with our other guitars. Veneer tops etc. More extensive mods also.

Im not sure how alistair intends on running that, he may be intending on offering one of the very first pre-production guitars. I'll confirm this, but to be honest if the winner wants something different, (as you know) we almost always say yes to customers ☺️
Old 06-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Guest 928

Simon;
So where are we here? What's taking so long? Shouldn't we be looking at the latest installment of the quaranteen Weissenborn? Go wake up Alistair and tell him to get to work.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:09 PM

Perhaps the leprechauns at Emerald are completely busy getting back to regular business, as recently announced, and a side project (no matter how cool we might think it is) has fallen to back-burner status? I'm sure there are plenty of back-ordered guitars to work on right now, and regular stock to replenish. In other words, be patient.....
Old 06-09-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Simon;
Go wake up Alistair and tell him to get to work.
You just cant get the staff these days !

Dont worry, the project will be back on track soon. As you can imagine its been quite a mad week for us as we gear up to return to full production whilst still maintaining safe distances fro everyone.

I think we have had such good feedback on the weisenborn project, we may do a weekly behind the scenes video.. we could bring in guests or update you guys on the weird and woderful insruments coming through.

Theres a pretty massive shipping video coming this week; and it stars both Chloe and Alisair. Finally putting to bed those rumors that they are one person (chloe is not alistair in a wig).
Old 06-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Dont worry, the project will be back on track soon. As you can imagine its been quite a mad week for us as we gear up to return to full production whilst still maintaining safe distances fro everyone.

I think we have had such good feedback on the weisenborn project, we may do a weekly behind the scenes video.. we could bring in guests or update you guys on the weird and woderful insruments coming through.

Theres a pretty massive shipping video coming this week; and it stars both Chloe and Alisair. Finally putting to bed those rumors that they are one person (chloe is not alistair in a wig).
Obvious to anyone with eyes. While they both do a fine job as host of the shipping videos, Chloe is like a walk in the park on a spring day. I appreciate the juxtaposition with each, and look forward to this next video featuring both... oh, and some cool guitars, too.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Just make a rule that everybody must stay at least the distance of the length of an X30 (or whatever your longest instrument is) from each other, and then equip all employees with an X30 (or whatever your longest instrument is) to measure as necessary.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 06-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Just make a rule that everybody must stay at least the distance of the length of an X30 (or whatever your longest instrument is) from each other, and then equip all employees with an X30 (or whatever your longest instrument is) to measure as necessary.

Tony
I believe that would be keeping each other at a Balor's length
Cordoba Stage

Old 06-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
I believe that would be keeping each other at a Balor's length
We have a winner!

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber