The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Default Robbins R.1ca and R.1a

This guitar shares many of the basic sonic characteristics as my 2018 R.1a in Engleman Spruce and "The Fiddleback Tree" Mahogany. The Fiddleback R.1a has a little more fundamental and dryer sound with more air to move in the non-cutaway version of the R.1. It has opened up nicely in the last year and a half.

The new R.1ca has a more immediate attack, wetter with a bit more overtones and complexity in the sound. Both are extremely well balanced across all the strings, with excellent string dynamics whether strummed or played finger style. Both are strung with J. Pearse Medium strings and each has a K&K pup.
I am quite happy with the sound of both guitars plugged into my QSC K10.2 speakers through a Baggs Venue DI to dial in a pleasing EQ.

Kudos to Tyler Robbins who was a pleasure working with on this new build. His design aesthetic, attention to detail and voicing checked all the boxes for me with this guitar.

Thanks everyone for enjoying the ride with me...now back to playing!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 06-29-2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:49 PM

Great pictures Doug, you look pretty happy. Beautiful beautiful beautiful guitar(s)!!!
Old 06-26-2020, 03:57 AM
Music soothes the soul!

That looks like a fun room to be in. And you look like a happy man! Wish you the best and hope to get to play with you sometime. Be safe and healthy!
Old 06-30-2020, 10:15 PM

Wow, it sounds great. Deep and somehow woody, with fat trebles. That's at least my impression after listening and watching the video. Congrats! Now I want one too

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop