The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songtown View Post
I see a THR 10 and a THR10C do you know what the difference is?
The THR 10 is the original. The THR 10c has a different set of amp models, with a broader range of low-gain amps. The THR 10x offers a variety of high-gain amps.

When I bought mine, the original was the only one on the market. Since I'm not a ultra high gain freak, I would not have chosen the x version. I would like to check out the c model, but in the end I'd probably still prefer the standard model because it offers a little bit of everything.

Let me reiterate one important thing. The THR 10 sounds and FEELS very much like a tube amp turned up loud enough to breathe (i.e. loud enough to have the cops come and shut you down) at conversation volume levels. It's a blast to play and extremely user-friendly.
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Claxton OM Traditional
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 06-15-2018, 08:02 AM

one question- have you even looked at vox vt series or used ad series? you might surprised
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 06-16-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
The THR 10 is the original. The THR 10c has a different set of amp models, with a broader range of low-gain amps. The THR 10x offers a variety of high-gain amps.

When I bought mine, the original was the only one on the market. Since I'm not a ultra high gain freak, I would not have chosen the x version. I would like to check out the c model, but in the end I'd probably still prefer the standard model because it offers a little bit of everything.

Let me reiterate one important thing. The THR 10 sounds and FEELS very much like a tube amp turned up loud enough to breathe (i.e. loud enough to have the cops come and shut you down) at conversation volume levels. It's a blast to play and extremely user-friendly.

Thanks for that info! There is a demo video on amazon and you can tell this is no ordinary practice amp. I know what you mean about calling the cops, I built a Fender Champ Kit and that little amp will run you out when you drive it enough to get the breakup.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:10 PM

I have a Blackstar HT1R that is wicked cool. One watt of all tube goodness.

Last edited by gwlee7; 06-16-2018 at 02:17 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
budget amplifier, practice amps