The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-14-2023, 09:38 AM

The humble GMF Ai1 - made by the founder of Ultrasound amps and uses the same analog circuitry. Lightest on the market and has features I've yet to see on comparable units.

I've received compliments on the tone at shows (from FOH and supporting acts during setup) and this thing really shined on both small and large stages while touring Europe and also in the studio. It can be had on Reverb for around $99 Keep in mind that there is a larger tube version (Ai Pro Tube), but quite heavy and lives in a higher price bracket

Anyway, here's a review on the Ai1

https://www.premierguitar.com/gmf-mu...coustic-preamp

Old 06-14-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph124C41 View Post
As the manual said the tube emulated control needs to be maxed out. With it on 10 and off I noticed just a small improvement. But on my BD121 essentially the some control produced I thought a noticeably better sound.
I suspect that’s largely dependent on the level you’re pushing into the input. If you have a hot signal then that control would be heard kicking in at a much lower setting.

If you like that kind of thing

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification