The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Oops, sorry I missed this latest one! Got back from two weeks of vacation up north on Saturday night... I intentionally disconnect from most all communication devices when I'm on vacation, checked my email for like five minutes exactly once, and that was just to get a form for a certain cell phone that died & needs warranty repair <grrrrr> Oh yeah, got home and now my DSL modem is giving me fits <grrrrr again>

So actually I was in town yesterday, but was busy doing vacation post-op/ decompress, consisting mostly of reading and watching the wife do laundry Next time!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bob View Post
watching the wife do laundry Next time!
Oh, you cruel, cruel man! Can you teach me to do that? I seem to do a lot of dishes and a lot of laundry myself...

You were definitely missed and expressions of concern were made. We all know you are pretty quick to always return a phone call or answer an email, so we wrote it off as a probable vacation, but with hopes nothing was wrong.

In your honor, I did NOT do Tiki Torches At Twilight, leaving you as the acknowledged master.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Home after the big drive, not too bad this trip. A little nap and some dinner and I'm ready to go again. LOL

Want to thank Rob for hosting us and letting this sordid gang into his home.
And especially Dennis for both putting us up and putting up with us for a couple days.

Great time though small turnout. But it kept it easy to go around and we still had a nice variety of styles in both players and music that it made for a good day around the table.

Thanks to all. Some day we'll do it again up this way.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM

Had a real good time visiting with Rick and Dennis at the Strato house, then playing with Jim, Dennis, Rick and Rob at the Posner manse.....very much fun.....thanks to Rob for the get-together, Dennis for the shelter, and Rick for the ride...."I get by with a little help from my friends"

Rob, I'll have "Pink Houses" in my repertoire for the next jam.

PS to Jawbone (Jim)...I noticed that we play alot of the same cover songs....you have very good taste in music
Old 07-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Thanks guys. I had a great time too!! It's funny, I was recounting, I've hosted 3 AGF get togethers. Each time it's been completely different and everyone seems to have a good time.

'05 Taylor 110
'02 Taylor DDSM
'03 Fender Am. Deluxe Fat Strat
'00 Washburn electric
'83 Yamaha FG-340
Old 07-22-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratokatsu View Post
Can you teach me to do that? I seem to do a lot of dishes and a lot of laundry myself...
Well I do lots of dishes, as well as almost all the cooking. We work to our strengths... I get the kitchen, Momma gets the rest of the house. Seems fair, doesn't it?

sorry about being incommunicado; we left for vacation on 7/6, my cell died on the 4th, and then the cable company chopped into my phone line on the 5th. So all I had was the wife's cell... Land line still isn't right <ack>
Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 AM

I was hopin to make the next meeting with you guys, but am in the northeast for the summer. The Doerr wanted to come out and play. Had a blast the last time. Maybe the next time. See ya then.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:18 PM

Yep, it was fun. Thanks to Rob for having us over. Each of these get togethers is unique, a blend of personalities and styles, as Rick pointed out.

Tom, I really liked that original song you played that went "I don't know..."etc. Nice job.

Rick that mando was a nice touch although it's always great to hear you pick on anything with strings.

Looking forward to the next time.
Jim
Larrivee L-05 12 String
Fender Thinline Sunburst Telecaster
Fender Mandolin
Harmony Archtop
Samick Dread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases