The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-25-2002, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Carvin AG-100 acoustic amp?

Anyone tried one of these? I saw a used one for sale and it seems pretty inexpensive for such a big amp. Thanks for the input!

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 02-01-2002, 07:34 AM

Default Carvin acoustic amp

Funny you should ask.I just got one of the Carvin acoustic amps last week. Did some investigating and it seemed to suit my purposes and pocketbook. So far so good or I might say great. It sounds fantastic to me but I'm a complete novice at acoustic amplification. However I've let some very knowledgable people play with it and the reviews were glowing. I find it almost unbearably delicious to hear my guitar sound so big and expressive. The ability to play very lightly and hear every nuance is worth every penny. I guess it's solving the dilemma of not hearing your guitar as others hear it, that is, it puts you in front of the guitar instead of behind it.
The amp is extremely versatile as well. I've plugged an electric guitar into it with good results, with added effects for distortion. It's designed to accept a bass, drum machine, CD either type of mic or more guitars,( 3 channels).The effects sound great, delay, reverb, chorus or flange assignable to any channel. Hope helps

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification