The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-25-2018, 05:24 PM

Puck drop in Boston in about 10 minutes. Buckle up baby, the bingo game is getting ready to roll!!!!!

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 PM

Bruins beat the Leafs 7-4 to move on to the second round. Exciting game for 2 periods before the Bruins put the lid on it with 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd period.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-26-2018, 06:03 AM

A wild and sloppy game for sure. I'd feel better about a deep run for the Bruins if they had a better goalie than Tuukka Rask. I don't know what it is about these Scandanavian Goal Keepers. Anderson was even worse last night. I'm also thinking of Pekka Rinne as I type this. Nashville easily could have hoisted the Cup last season, if not for his choke job. Often good in the regular season, but shine the bright lights of the playoffs on these guys and they melt.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Bruins beat the Leafs 7-4 to move on to the second round. Exciting game for 2 periods before the Bruins put the lid on it with 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd period.
Goalies were a bit porous! The bruins never stop...never
Old 04-26-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
A wild and sloppy game for sure. I'd feel better about a deep run for the Bruins if they had a better goalie than Tuukka Rask. I don't know what it is about these Scandanavian Goal Keepers. Anderson was even worse last night. I'm also thinking of Pekka Rinne as I type this. Nashville easily could have hoisted the Cup last season, if not for his choke job. Often good in the regular season, but shine the bright lights of the playoffs on these guys and they melt.
Interesting observation. About all I can say is that in the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals versus the Pens Rask gave up a total of 2 goals in the 4 game sweep for the Bruins. He looked pretty much like the best goalie in the universe to me as I watched him repeatedly prevent the likes of Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, James Neal, Jerome Iginla, etc. from putting the biscuit in the basket on that big, brightly lit stage. I guess we'll find out if he still has that kind of performance in him as the Bruins go forward.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-26-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Goalies were a bit porous! The bruins never stop...never
Man, the Bruins smelled blood in that third period! They were the better, more focused team when it counted. Before the playoffs began most experts agreed that the best series matchup, and most difficult in which to predict a clear favorite was the Bruins vs Leafs. Congrats to the Bruins on a well deserved victory!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-26-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
That Maple Leafs shorthanded goal in the 2nd was so disheartening but the Bruins bounced back. Great to see the team get back on track. Rask has to play better next round though. Go Bruins!

Pens play tonight!
Old 04-26-2018, 05:04 PM

Puck drops in game 1 of the Pens vs Caps Eastern Conference Semi-final matchup. Pens will be without Malkin and Hagelin so they'll have to play their best to stay with the Caps in this one. I fully expect a wild and wooly 7 game series. So scratch my back with a hacksaw and let the fun begin!!!!

Go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-26-2018, 08:07 PM

Pens beat the Caps 3-2 after trailing 2-0 in the 3rd period. Matt Murray made some incredible saves to preserve the win. If you missed this one, shame on you for six weeks!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-26-2018, 10:32 PM

Vegas making another undeniable statement in game 1 vs San Jose.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:46 AM

I did catch the entire 3rd period, Cat. It was very good. The Caps missed multiple open nets. Ovechkin, as good as he is, seemed to be on the ice for every one of those Pen goals.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Pens beat the Caps 3-2 after trailing 2-0 in the 3rd period. Matt Murray made some incredible saves to preserve the win. If you missed this one, shame on you for six weeks!!
I didn't think the Pens would win this one after that first minute of the 3rd period. Great to see Crosby score that goal on a puck missed by Ovechkin .

I couldn't believe all the giveaways the Pens had with about 2 minutes left in the game. They would get the puck in their zone and then immediately turn it over.

I think the Bruins play tonight?
Old 04-27-2018, 06:37 AM

No Dru, series starts tomorrow, in Tampa. I'm going to be in the Bahamas starting tomorrow, so will miss the first 3 games. I hope to come back to a 2-1 Series lead.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I didn't think the Pens would win this one after that first minute of the 3rd period. Great to see Crosby score that goal on a puck missed by Ovechkin .

I couldn't believe all the giveaways the Pens had with about 2 minutes left in the game. They would get the puck in their zone and then immediately turn it over.

I think the Bruins play tonight?

Pens just never quit. I don't think they ever believe they're out of a game, and they have the offensive talent to score goals in bunches. In the first two periods the Pens hit 3 posts behind Holtby so they were getting good looks all game long. In the 3rd period the puck luck finally went their way. And of course Sid would score when Ovechkin is defending him, and can't manage to intercept the pass that sets Sid up.

Those last two minutes were anxious ones for me. It seems like the 6 on 5 situation that is created when a team pulls their goalie (as the Caps did) late in a game makes it especially difficult for the defending team to get the puck out of their zone. First, there are potentially 6 offensive players blocking clearing lanes who are in position to regain possession. Second, a clearing attempt that is not carefully made (perhaps taking the player a split second more time) can easily result in an icing which brings the puck back to the offensive zone and can force fatigued defensive players to stay on the ice. And finally, I think the seductive quality of the open net at the other end of the ice tends to create more icing which increases the fatigue problems. Of course for me this all conspires to create cardiac problems!

Bruins and Lightning series starts Saturday at 3 PM. Rest up Bruins!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-27-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
No Dru, series starts tomorrow, in Tampa. I'm going to be in the Bahamas starting tomorrow, so will miss the first 3 games. I hope to come back to a 2-1 Series lead.
Hey Jim have fun in the Bahamas! Business or pleasure? I gotta believe you'll be able to find the games there somewhere.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic