The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-28-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
a few cents. a few cents.
Kinda makes sense .
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-28-2018, 09:58 AM

Talking

Sounds like you are enjoying the new guitar, feels so good when it works out. I still long for this guitar and hold out hope they will someday make a short scale. Have been tempted to purchase the Sable but know from past experience STD. Scale doesn’t work for me and would end up selling. Enjoy that new Axe!🤠
Old 03-29-2018, 07:03 PM

I love min e SO much!! I have put insane mileage on it since I got it.

I just gorilla-taped a tuner to the inside wall, via that side hole. Keeps it off the headstock. Seems to work so far. That and the G7th capo snugged around the neck keeps the profile slim for easy fit into the case.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadare View Post
Did you ever add the Anthem? If so, were you happy with the result?
No, I had extensive discussions with the guys at McPherson and they strongly recommend against it. They tweaked my Element (put a new pickup in it) and I still use it. It’s hard to tell right now as we have switched to a new sound system and I am not getting a good monitor mix right now. But it is “bearable” so I’m not bugging the sound guys about it yet. I’m using a Boss AD-2 and I get a useable tone from what I can tell when plugging it into my THR at home and usIng headphones. Unfortunately I don’t have an acoustic amp at home anymore because my daughter knocked my Loudbox Mini off its stand and destroyed it.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:49 PM

Great purchase. I bought a Sable 5/5/17 and it’s become my main guitar, relegating my Martin JC40, Taylor 514 and others to rest in their cases. I find it comparable in tone to wooden macs, balanced, round, full up the neck, with lots of sustain and volume. Very playable with Elixir mediums. Completely stable with no changes with humidity. Still working on the amplified sound with the stock element UST, but overall love it. After playing for 45 years, my favorite guitar.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt McGriff View Post
No, I had extensive discussions with the guys at McPherson and they strongly recommend against it. They tweaked my Element (put a new pickup in it) and I still use it. It’s hard to tell right now as we have switched to a new sound system and I am not getting a good monitor mix right now. But it is “bearable” so I’m not bugging the sound guys about it yet. I’m using a Boss AD-2 and I get a useable tone from what I can tell when plugging it into my THR at home and usIng headphones. Unfortunately I don’t have an acoustic amp at home anymore because my daughter knocked my Loudbox Mini off its stand and destroyed it.
Is it too mid-rangey and boxy?

Does it sound different from typical Element systems?
Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 PM

A lot of piezo quack. I run it through a BOSS AD-2 and EQ and am getting a good sound out of it now.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
Old 04-13-2018, 07:18 AM

I just received my Sable a couple of days ago. I actually had the chance to play it at church that night, as well as through my Schertler Jam 100 amp.

I have to say, I was really pleased with the sound of the stock pickup. It was clear and even warm, which I don't normally associate (warm) with CF guitars.

I was playing through a wireless pack Wednesday, so I was able to go out during practice and hear it through the speakers. It sounded stellar, in my opinion. I normally don't like just the piezo pickup sounds in guitars. I usually prefer a blend. But I have to say, this sounded really good in the system, as well as my in ears.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 AM

Oh, and here it is, at home, displayed like the work of art it is.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:08 AM

I think the guys at McPherson made some tweaks to the Element since the launch. The early ones had some imbalance issues, but it seems the issue has been resolved. I am certainly happy with the tone I am getting now as well.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
Old 04-15-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
Oh, and here it is, at home, displayed like the work of art it is.

Wow..really nice!
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Wow..really nice!
Thanks man. I am having a lot of fun playing that Sable. It's a stellar guitar for sure. Really a great sound. Quite a large sound. I am surprised McPherson is able to retain their signature sound when moving into CF world. But they did an amazing job.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
Thanks man. I am having a lot of fun playing that Sable. It's a stellar guitar for sure. Really a great sound. Quite a large sound. I am surprised McPherson is able to retain their signature sound when moving into CF world. But they did an amazing job.

All I can say is Ditto!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Sounds like you are enjoying the new guitar, feels so good when it works out. I still long for this guitar and hold out hope they will someday make a short scale. Have been tempted to purchase the Sable but know from past experience STD. Scale doesn’t work for me and would end up selling. Enjoy that new Axe!🤠
I actually emailed McPherson about making a short scale Sable. They said it was in the makes but wouldn’t be available for 2019.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Guest 928

Jojo;

Very nice collection and super sweet display--a wall of art that makes music.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber