The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Default redeye preamp to aer 60/3amp ??

The redeye preamp Hass balanced output the aer has xlr input on channel 2 is these the same connection and what kind of cable would I use and would these work I would like to keep effects loop free for pedals .I hope these all makes some sense. thanks steve
Taylor mini Koa,
huss and Dalton 00 sp Engelmann and rosewood back and sides
Felix preamp
Aer compact 60/3
Fishman loadbox performer
bose s1 pro
Old 09-30-2015, 04:02 PM

Use a standard XLR mic/signal cable (they are the same for mic and line level signals), the Redeye XLR output has a 600 ohm mic level signal which will be a good match for the AER mic input. Not sure what you gain by returning the fx to the loop return rather than sending them to the AER instrument input though, the Redeye loop input goes straight to the DI section, good for long cable runs (down a snake for example) but un-necessary for sending to your onstage amp.
Mountain D45 (mid '80s)
Brian Eastwood ES175/L5
Gibson Les Paul Custom (1975)
Brian Eastwood '61 Strat
Bitsa Strat with P90s (my main electric)
The Loar F5 Mandolin,
Samick A4 Mandolin
Epiphone Mandobird
Brian Eastwood '51 P Bass
NS Design Wav EUB
Giordano EUB

Last edited by sam.spoons; 09-30-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:17 PM

I have the same set up the AER Compact 60/3 . Also the Red Eye instrument amplifier pedal.

I have been using a jack to jack cable going into instrument channel and from that to my wamplet faux reverb pedal..

I love the sound. The Red Eye is supurb. For a while I was using L R Baggs. Para DI . I did another quick test comparing the Baggs Para and red eye. The Red Eye won hands down. Just sounded more tight.

Dave

Last edited by Mr Blues; 10-01-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:41 AM

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blues View Post
I have the same set up the AER Compact 60/3 . Also the Red Eye instrument amplifier pedal.

I have been using a jack to jack cable going into instrument channel and from that to my wamplet faux reverb pedal..

I love the sound. The Red Eye is supurb. For a while I was using L R Baggs. Para DI . I did another quick test comparing the Baggs Para and red eye. The Red Eye won hands down. Just sounded more fighter.

Dave
I have same set up with AER COMPACT60 , using Martin HD28 with K&K mini and a Martin om28e with aura and they sound amazing
Old 02-24-2024, 12:53 PM

Are you coming out of the redeye effects out to the amp instrument imput

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification