The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-01-2021, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Does Rickenbacker still make the 370/12

The Rickenbacker website shows the 370/12, but I can’t find a place that sells them. Are they still made? Where to find one?
Old 03-02-2021, 06:08 AM
Charter Member

I looked around and they are indeed very rare and hard to find new. Have you checked with a Rickenbacker dealer to see if they can order one? I'm sure it would take a while if they can.

I recently placed an order for a 325c64 and was quoted a September delivery.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:40 AM

From what I've seen Rickenbacker's current corporate philosophy is to straddle the line between full-scale factory and custom shop: although a lot of the instruments on their website are listed as discontinued, TMK (with the exception of the 700-Series acoustics and the 325C58) they will build any of them to order - if you're prepared to wait over two years for delivery in some cases. Seems they've been very successful with this approach, though: they've remained exclusively American, have no problem selling everything they build, tenaciously defend their intellectual property, maintain enough player interest to keep them backordered on high-demand models, haven't compromised either their quality or production methods IME - and if you've got the time/patience I wouldn't hesitate to order sight unseen/unplayed...
Old 03-20-2021, 04:37 PM

The Roger McGuinn model is a 370-12. I had one. It was pretty hip. I ordered it new in like ‘87. Fireglo for me.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:04 PM

Another note on the McGuinn. I ordered it from a dealer in the DC area and found it ironic that the guitar was shipped from Santa Ana to the east coast and then back to me. Long road to my house.

Last edited by G_jeffers; 03-24-2021 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
From what I've seen Rickenbacker's current corporate philosophy is to straddle the line between full-scale factory and custom shop: although a lot of the instruments on their website are listed as discontinued, TMK (with the exception of the 700-Series acoustics and the 325C58) they will build any of them to order - if you're prepared to wait over two years for delivery in some cases. Seems they've been very successful with this approach, though: they've remained exclusively American, have no problem selling everything they build, tenaciously defend their intellectual property, maintain enough player interest to keep them backordered on high-demand models, haven't compromised either their quality or production methods IME - and if you've got the time/patience I wouldn't hesitate to order sight unseen/unplayed...
What Steve says. This is pretty much spot-on - just to confirm that the 700-series acoustics are long gone. They were available as a Rickenbacker-sanctioned private build for a while, from Paul Alan Wilczynski Sr., but his license expired. He’s still building, though, under a private label - Madeleine - and also does the most wonderful restoration and refinish work.

https://www.studio-california.com/ri...stic-guitars-1
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 03-22-2021 at 06:19 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars